When Is The Donnie Darko Dvd Coming Out

Tools    

im wondering when th e realease dat e for the donni e darko movie is. i loved the movie but cant find the date on the net

I found this link right on the first page (also this one).
This one has details for the R2 release. I haven't found anything on the R1 release though.

Originally Posted by Garrett
I found this link right on the first page (also this one).
This one has details for the R2 release. I haven't found anything on the R1 release though.
i already saw those sites, but thanks for looking

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
I think there's a special version coming out on dvd at some point, but here in America I've owned the regular dvd of the movie for over a year and a half. Not too big on the special features but still a great, great movie.

Yea iwas gona say...ve owned the movie for a while
although i too anticipate a special adition coming out on acount of the film being rereleased in a LA/New York

The new director's cut two-disc set of cult movie favourite Donnie Darko, which will be released October 4th, 2004, will include:

- 128 Minute Director's Cut 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen (w/English DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks)

Extras:
- All New commentary by Director Richard Kelly and a Certain Kevin Smith
- Twenty Deleted and Extended Scenes with Optional Director Commentary,
- A Production Diary with Commentary,
- B-Roll Footage,
- Cast and Crew Interviews,
- Filmographies
- 2 Featurettes called 'They Made Me Do It' and 'They Made Me Do It Too'.
- Cunning Visions Infomercials,
- 2 trailers,
- 5 TV spots,
- The 'Mad World' Music Video
- Eastereggs
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	dddc.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	3805  

Where did you hear about this? Do you mean Region 2, cause thats the date for the Region 2 one. Otherwise you got me celebrating for nothing.

Resident Metro-Sexual
That looks like a region 2 to me. Take a look at the case you can tell were the MPAA rating is located and by how it looks (red circle containing number).

Originally Posted by Heartagram
That looks like a region 2 to me. Take a look at the case you can tell were the MPAA rating is located and by how it looks (red circle containing number).
Duh

The information you told me jrs is unless unless its coming out in R1

Resident Metro-Sexual
Originally Posted by Zzat
Duh.
Do you mean Region 2.

I was just confirming what you had asked.

They never Forgot!
So does anyone know of a Region 1 Release of this, becuase this movie is #1 on my favorite movies list. if anyone dosent have any info, do you think they will ever release a Region 1 version?

Donnie Darko: Director's Cut on February 15, ,2005
thanks to DVDanswers.com

Title: Donnie Darko
Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal
Released: 15th February 2005
SRP: $26.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced the new director's cut of Donnie Darko which stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Maggie Gyllenhaal. The two-disc set will be available to own from the 15th February next year, and should set you back around $26.98 in total. The film itself should be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen along with both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary with Writer/Director Richard Kelly and Kevin Smith, a production diary with optional commentary by Director of Photography Steven Poster, a story-board to screen featurette, a They Made Me Do It Too documentary on the cult of Donnie Darko, #1 Fan: A Darkomentary and the trailer for the director's cut. I'm afraid the artwork has yet to be released, but we'll bring you that very shortly.

Never picked up the original release, will more then likely get this one.

at davis dvd.com

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has announced Donnie Darko: Director's Cut for release on February 15th, 2005. The two-disc set will feature a new 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Surround tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary with writer/director Richard Kelly and Kevin Smith, "They Made Me Do It Too" documentary on the cult of Donnie Darko, "#1 Fan: A Darkomentary" documentary, a production diary with optional commentary by Director of Photography Steven Poster, storyboard-to-screen featurette and a trailer for the director's cut. Retail will be $26.98.

2 disk sets ounds sweet

A novel adaptation.
Yeah, except for the fact that the movie is Donnie Darko.