Downsizing

Tools    

This definitely has that "80% of the way to being a Charlie Kaufman film" vibe that Cold Souls did. But since it's Payne I'm inclined to think it'll have its own stuff going on. Looks interesting.

This definitely has that "80% of the way to being a Charlie Kaufman film" vibe that Cold Souls did. But since it's Payne I'm inclined to think it'll have its own stuff going on. Looks interesting.
I noticed something that might be a spoilery twist, but it could also be something they reveal in later trailers, a guy at work didn't want it spoiled so I have a prediction in a sealed envelope for a bet

This looks awful imo.

It's Payne, so I'm sure he got something up his sleeve, but this whole trailer and idea had NOPE written all over it. Like a 90s comedy that never got made. If it weren't for all the big names, I wouldn't have thought anything of it...

Søren Pilmark is in it though, so that's awesome.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This looks awful imo.
My words exactly. I had never heard of it but just not my thing

My words exactly. I had never heard of it but just not my thing
I would assume Payne has some sort of major theme he wants to discuss with this weird concept-movie. Usually, the weirdest of movies have a purpose with their weirdness and it's clear to see the social, political and humane/science possibilities to discuss with this idea, but I'm still not sold at all. It just doesn't look or sound good...

It's gotten somewhat positive/mixed reviews at Venice and TIFF. People are saying It's overly ambitious.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

It's gotten somewhat positive/mixed reviews at Venice and TIFF. People are saying It's overly ambitious.
Well, that doesn't surprise me. That could very well be a possible outcome of my above statement.

I absolutely love the idea of this movie, and a lot of it seems inspired.

WARNING: "possible spoilers?" spoilers below
I thought it was kinda weird that we don't see a miniature Kristen Wiig, that plus the focus on the wedding ring makes me think that she doesn't survive the procedure?

on a side note, it'd be fun to see a dog or cat wreck the s#it out of the town Godzilla style