Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
BB rewatches are great. Walt was such a terrible liar.

BB rewatches are great. Walt was such a terrible liar.
I have a thing with the dramas I love where I get a season, maybe two, into a rewatch and end up leaving it. Maybe BB will be different.

Now there is a gentleman by himself in the booth in front of us. His phone rings, he pulls a flip phone out of his pocket. I look up, smart phone is very visible in his shirt pocket. Dude has a burner. You can't make this stuff up. BB is everywhere.

LOL. I hung onto my flip phone with a kung fu grip because I didnt want all the extras. Then I dropped my flip phone in the toilet and had to make the change. No, I ws not reading text messages on the pooper. I was cleaning the bathroom.

I prefer Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad. I thought BB was incredible but BCS is so much more up my alley personally. The cast is better. Love Michael McKean. Now they got Ed Begley, Jr. Next thing you know it'll be a full on Waiting for Guffman reunion! And I saw a RUSH 2112 poster hanging up. Good prop dept/production design!

The writing is so damn good. Maybe not as tense and graphic as BB, but that's OK by me. If they keep this style and quality up, it'll be one of if not my favorite tv series. TV series are definitely the new cinema in a lot of ways. Jonathan Banks stayed in the shadows all of these years and now this! Same with McKean. Incredibly entertaining 2 seasons!

Yeah I agree with all of that, Joel. And Begley was great. Fantastic seeing him and McKean together again. I never thought a spinoff would have me flipping out for each episode like BrBa did.

I prefer Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad. I thought BB was incredible but BCS is so much more up my alley personally. The cast is better. Love Michael McKean. Now they got Ed Begley, Jr. Next thing you know it'll be a full on Waiting for Guffman reunion! And I saw a RUSH 2112 poster hanging up. Good prop dept/production design!

The writing is so damn good. Maybe not as tense and graphic as BB, but that's OK by me. If they keep this style and quality up, it'll be one of if not my favorite tv series. TV series are definitely the new cinema in a lot of ways. Jonathan Banks stayed in the shadows all of these years and now this! Same with McKean. Incredibly entertaining 2 seasons!
Agreed on all counts--especially the "Better than BB" one. BCS simply handles its characters better. No one feels disposable on this show. There aren't any "Flynns" or "Maries" or "Wendys" here--everyone leaves a mark. I love that aspect of this show. From the Kettlemans to the baseball card dork--I love them all.

Mike and Nacho together...some of my favorite scenes.

Gus is perfect for BCS and will fit in like a round peg.

Season 3 might just be the best yet.

They're bit slack on teasers to get everyone pumped.

Well said @dteam6 and @Dani.

I feel that I'd be perfectly fine with even less references to BB in this show. I mean, I know it's inevitable that BB will creep in more eventually but this show totally dominates with its own universe. And it has heart. Any show that can keep me interested in time lapse wall painting has me for the long haul.

Well said @dteam6 and @Dani.

I feel that I'd be perfectly fine with even less references to BB in this show. I mean, I know it's inevitable that BB will creep in more eventually but this show totally dominates with its own universe. And it has heart. Any show that can keep me interested in time lapse wall painting has me for the long haul.
Ah speaking of wall painting, I loved LOVED that scene when Jimmy was waiting for the sandpiper bus. Beautifully framed.

You know who I think is sneaking up on me and Im enjoying as a character? Howard! Hes like a robot, a Stepford Lawyer, and then hes not & does something quite human/cool.
Im about to start S02E08....

The poor man's Anthony Michael Hall. Nah, he's really good in the role. Perfectly executed tense up body language. Comical stuff!

I thought Howard was a slimebag initially but I love him.

And back to @seanc, re Mike and Kaley, it;s a good thing in your case she doesnt get much screen time. As for her mum, I cant decide if she's playing Mike or not. Dont know what to make of her yet. What do you guys think?

I thought Howard was a slimebag initially but I love him.

And back to @seanc, re Mike and Kaley, it;s a good thing in your case she doesnt get much screen time. As for her mum, I cant decide if she's playing Mike or not. Dont know what to make of her yet. What do you guys think?
No doubt in my mind but I don't think her means are nefarious beyond what we saw this season. She wanted a better place to live, he realized it and could live with it. I don't think we will see much more from her because we know from BB that the relationship stays decent.

No doubt in my mind but I don't think her means are nefarious beyond what we saw this season. She wanted a better place to live, he realized it and could live with it. I don't think we will see much more from her because we know from BB that the relationship stays decent.
Do you think she really thought she heard gun shots, though? I'm on the fence. I want to think she has PTSD rather than just conning her kindly FiL.

Do you think she really thought she heard gun shots, though? I'm on the fence. I want to think she has PTSD rather than just conning her kindly FiL.
I am at 98% that the con was on. That's why she was so adamant about him not staying the night. Also why Mike lets it slide. If he thought she was having issues he would have said something. Plus, that story didn't develop further. Yeah, I talked myself into 100%.

I do love how these types of shows can get us to sympathize with some horrible people. Everyone loves Mike, I love Mike. Mike is a thug. Really is a craft.

I do love how these types of shows can get us to sympathize with some horrible people. Everyone loves Mike, I love Mike. Mike is a thug. Really is a craft.
Lol I concur. I can separate bad guy Mike from Family Guy Mike. Still gives me conflict to empathise with a human but I like that emotional discomfort with Mr screen entertainment

Hit man not human. Auto-correct gah

Lol I concur. I can separate bad guy Mike from Family Guy Mike. Still gives me conflict to empathise with a human but I like that emotional discomfort with Mr screen entertainment
Me too

Dog damn I am so champing at the bit for this to return. Even wrote the air date on my calendar. Obsessed much.