Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Actually nodded off a few times.

That's actually pretty funny and cute. I've watched it over a dozen times. You know elephants are the only animals that sometimes die standing up (weight) and the only animal that can't jump.

Well actually...

Still too high.
It went up to a 2 star rating because of the pubic hair on the women.

Kill List

(Ben Wheatley, 2011)

+

I give this about the same rating as A Field In England, although I think this is a better film. Got better as it went on, as the descent into darkness continued. People are right when they say don't read to much about the film beforehand, because it kind of spoils this dark journey. I thought everything was about decent, if not slightly underwhelming in some parts. Really good underlying atmosphere and interesting ending, it's the type of film that I'd encourage people to watch and want to watch with to see what they think of it, and makes Ben Wheatley an interesting director to follow, he has a few more films out that I'll try to get to eventually. I can see why Cricket loves this, and I think Mark feels similar to me from what I remember. I am glad I finally got to it.

Think i'd give it about the same probably just
. It is a film i'd like to watch again though because i watched it with a friend and we of course talked during some of it.

The Revenant (2015) *Rewatch*

Just as amazing as when I saw it in theaters, especially in 4k! I love this movie, it's quite possibly my favorite of the decade and one of my favorites all-time. It's also one of the best-looking films I've ever seen. It really should have won best picture imo—but I think down the road it will become more legendary for being the film to get Leo his Oscar. Everything about this movie is perfect for me, the ultimate tale of survival and revenge.

15 out of 5

Secret in their eyes

I never really heard much about this movie or its original for that matter. Strange due to the fact it had some heavy hitting actors in it. Overall I quite enjoyed the story besides the ending which I thought was quite lackluster and could have been way better had they made a few more twists. The acting was solid but not really memorable, there wasn't really anything that stood out to me besides the Julia Roberts trash bin scene. Also Alfred Molina has put on some weight! Whether it was for the role or not I dont know but looks like a puffer fish in this movie.Overall a decent thriller to watch on a weekend if you had nothing else to do.

3/5 Stars

I have to return some videotapes...
The Ghost Writer (2010) -

Really disappointing, especially coming from Polanski, who I love. I wouldn't be surprised if my rating drops for this upon further thinking, acting is good by core cast, but overall it's so generic, with a silly last act. Liked it a lot for the first hour, but it just loses it.

Welcome to the human race...
Tom Hardy got ripped, he should have one best supporting actor.
The bear was easier to understand than he was.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Finished here. It's been fun.
Bad Lieutenant

Faith. Violence. Morally ambiguous characters. We're definitely in Abel Ferrara territory. I don't consider this one of his best, but it's still a gripping character-study. The final minutes are very powerful.

Shadows in Paradise
-
It's really sweet and charming - in a Kaurismaki type of way.

Four Flies on Grey Velvet

Garbagggggeeeee. I'm a big fan of Argento, but this has to be one of his worst. Ending was cool tho.

Ivan's Childhood*
+
Second viewing. An incredible directorial debut. Tarkovsky's career began and ended with a little man beneath a tree.

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

It's okay.

The bear was easier to understand than he was.
Really Iros, you think that? Tom Hardy did an excellent back-woods accent. He sounded just like someone who had never been educated would talk. His vocal inflections, his body language, everything was very believable as a mountain man.

I have had a hard time hearing some actors, like Russell Crowe for one! But I could easily understand Tom Hardy.