Movie Tab

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
The Blues Brothers 4 1/2 out of 5. Very funny and has good songs.
Daylight 4 out of 5. Sad movie.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Put me in your pocket...
Destry Rides Again (1939) ~ I liked this western. Jimmy Stewart was terrific as usual.

The Petrified Forest (1936) ~ Not perfect, but the acting is wonderful. I wanted to see this because of Bette Davis...but I think Leslie Howard and Humphrey Bogart owned this picture. Interesting side note...this was Bogey's big break with Warner Brother's.

The Haunted Mansion (2003) ~ Unlike Pirates of the Carribean, I think this is strickly family fare. The characters could have been meatier, and some spots were too drawn out to hold some kids attention....my son's friend wanted me to fast forward to "the good part". The special effects were outstanding though. I also liked the message of the importance of family and overcoming your fears.

I must become Caligari..!
My Fair Lady, 1964. Cukor
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

MASTER AND COMMANDER I wasn't keen to see this, a little sick of our Russ, I quite enjoyed it.

ROY ORBISON Black and White Night absolutely Fabulous

ELTON JOHN in concert No Roy, good for a party

Natural Born Killers

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - 3rd time and still great. This is probably my favorite movie of last year.

Groundhog Day - Bill Murray rules.

JFK - A little overwhelming but I still liked it a lot.

I must become Caligari..!
Life of Brian, 1979. Jones

"Have Babies?! You Haven’t Got A Womb, Where's The Foetus Gonna Gestate?, You Going to Keep It In A Box?"

The Fifth Element

Put me in your pocket...
Searching for Debra Winger (2002) ~ Could have been much more powerful. Some interviews were very fasinating...others could have been left off (like Gywneth Paltrow). And, I would have loved to have heard more from other older actresses than were interviewed (and not just in the film indusy, but in television as well). Also, it would have been more interesting to hear about/from women writers, producers and directors. I'm sure they also have concerns about balancing family and work....and ageism in hollywood. It's too bad Oprah didn't produce this or do the interviews.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Searching for Debra Winger (2002) ~ Could have been much more powerful. Some interviews were very fasinating...others could have been left off (like Gywneth Paltrow). And, I would have loved to have heard more from other older actresses than were interviewed (and not just in the film indusy, but in television as well). Also, it would have been more interesting to hear about/from women writers, producers and directors. I'm sure they also have concerns about balancing family and work....and ageism in hollywood. It's too bad Oprah didn't produce this or do the interviews.
I hope they find her soon. She will always be one of my favorite actresses.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Thanks J, here's what I've watched during the last couple of weeks.

CQ C-
After Hours A
Moulin Rouge! A+
Exodus B+
A Night at the Opera C+
The General A+
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life C
Kids A
Live from Baghdad A
Once Upon a Time in the West A+
Umberto D. A+
Cider House Rules B-
The River C
Together A+

The Punisher D+
Kill Bill Vol. 2 A
The Whole Ten Yards F

Man On Fire - Could have been really good, but Scott's insistense on bashing the audience over the head with the jittery editing completely killed the movie. I don't mind that style at all, but it just was used waaaayyyy too much in this movie. It actually got to the point where it hurt to look at the screen and sometimes you couldn't even tell what the hell was going on because of it.

MY TAKE on Kill Bill Vol. 2, which was good at best, pathetic at worst and certainly not the masterpiece that others, Tarantino included, would have you believe.