The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Rule Britannia....
Christopher Nolan Will Never Bring Back The Joker in His BATMAN Movies

Director Christopher Nolan says that he won’t bring back The Joker in Batman 3 or in any installment of the franchise while he’s in charge. From the latest issue of Empire Magazine [via Obsessed with Film, emphasis their's]:
“No”, says Nolan emphatically and unhesitatingly. He resists elaborating simply because, quite understandably, he says, “I just don’t feel comfortable talking about it”.
It’s good to know that Nolan is choosing not to make the crassest decision of all-time. Besides, who could you recast? Heath Ledger’s Joker is a singular performance, and while it can be impersonated (tip: always act like you’re really thirsty), it can never be replicated. So let us simply resume speculation over who will be the villain of the next Batman movie. Batman 3 (tentative title) is slated to hit theaters on July 20, 2012.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://www.collider.com/2010/06/04/b...-heath-ledger/

Rule Britannia....
Christopher Nolan: No Batman/Superman Crossover

Speaking about any potential film crossover with Batman and Superman – Nolan said,
“Marvel are doing what they do and people will respond to that really well, or they won’t. It’s not something I ever really applied a blanket rule to, but Marvel characters are very different to DC characters, and the key DC characters are very different to the minor DC characters. You’ve got to go back to that element of, ‘What do I see when I close my eyes and think of Batman? What do I see when I close my eyes and think of Superman?’ And for me a big part of that is their individuality. They are extraordinary beings in an ordinary world. And the reason I think the two are fascinating is because Superman is very specifically superpowered and obviously otherworldly; Batman is very human and flawed. They’re two very different characters, but there’s an elemental feeling of power in the iconography of those characters. To me that’s originally because they stood alone. I need to hang on to that in my imagining of them.”
The as of yet, Untitled Batman Project is slated to hit theaters on July 20th, 2012 and Superman: Man of Steel is slated to hit theaters in December, 2012.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://scifimafia.com/2010/06/christ...man-crossover/

You don't blame him. I don't think anyone would be comfortable watching another actor besides Heath Ledger played the Joker. It will be interesting to see what villain will appear in the film though, and who will actually play the role.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt on the Shortlist to Play the Riddler in Batman 3?

Hollywood Life reports that while working on the film Inception with director Christopher Nolan, Joseph Gordon-Levitt mentioned that he'd love to audition for The Riddler in Batman 3.

Apparently, this sort of talk continued and the site now says that Levitt is being considered by Nolan for the part.

"Chris really dug Joseph [as an actor]," a source close to the director stated. "There was a joke at first between them [on the set of Inception] that Joseph wanted to read for Batman 3 and things heated up as filming continued."
This unnamed source then went on to say:

"It's not 100% confirmed that he's getting [the role of The Riddler] but there's certainly talk about it. Joseph is definitely on the short list."
David S. Goyer is presently hard at work writing the screenplay for the next installment in the Batman saga.

Batman 3
comes to theaters July 20th, 2012 and stars Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.

Source: Movieweb

Batman 3 to begin filming in March

With a release date set for July 20th 2012 it was only a matter of time before we started hearing news on when Batman 3 would begin filming.

Well today Hero Complex reports that the third outing for Mr. Wayne will begin shooting in March 2011, which of course means Batman 3 news will begin to gear up over the course of the next few months.

There has been speculation over the past day or two that Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who will be seen in Christopher Nolan’s Inception in July, is on the short list to play The Riddler in the film. I’ll try to avoid posting potentially untrue casting news such as this as making up Batman 3 villain stories is becoming a bit of a ritual for the gossipsphere. Although, I suppose Joseph Gordon-Levitt could be a cool choice for The Riddler.

Chris Nolan said earlier this year that:

“The key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story, and in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story.”
…which suggests Nolan is intending to complete his trilogy with Batman 3. Hopefully it won’t experience the same threequel curse suffered by Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3, although if Inception blows everyones faces off we should have no reason to worry.

Source: Filmonic

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Fan poster, which I think looks cool.

With all this Riddler talk, I doubt he'll even be in the film.

Suspect's Reviews

I think they have to go with Riddler...

Coz he is the only villain that will suit Nolan's style.. & since Nolan is avoiding most of the non-superpowered villains..

I think Nolan can pull of a riddler well.

i love fake posters these days, so good quality
but there are rumours its going that way to the Riddler

WARNING: "Riddler - aRKHAM aSYLUM," spoilers below
I like in Batman Arkham Asylum that the riddler thought batman was a criminal that beat up fellow criminals adn stole from them which is why he can afford the gadgets.

I kinda agree with TUS; I'll be surprised if they go with The Riddler. He's a little on the goofy side, and he's too close to their version of The Joker. In The Dark Knight, The Joker kept putting Batman (and others) in impossible situations where he was forced to make untenable choices, which is kinda how I'd have imagined they'd have done things with The Riddler, too.

I could be wrong, but I feel like it'd just feel too similar. More likely they'll mine some of the lesser-known villains for the third story.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Then again, using the Riddler would partly solve the problem of Heath Ledger's death and the loss of the Joker character. They can bring in an alternative Joker, so to speak, and not have the embarrasment of recasting the real one.

True, if they decided they wanted a Joker replacement of sorts. I don't fancy that's really Nolan's style (and I think we all agree they're not recasting the role under any circumstances), but who knows. Whatever he comes out with, I have full confidence that it'll work.

Semper Fooey
The Riddler wasn't like the Joker until Frank Gorshen played him on TV, giving him that weird giggle. and seemed more like the Joker than the actor playing the Joker. In fact, the reason he appeared in the TV series was DC had just reintroduced him after seventeen years. Prior to that, he only appeared in two stories in 1948. I suspect the rumors are true and it will be the Riddler. I don't know if they will go in that direction, probably not, but the Riddler originally was not a giggling nut and was more quietly pathological and not violent, but then he wouldn't seem very scary or dangerous.

if u mean jim carey and tommy lee jones that wernt the george clooney batman.

Rule Britannia....
Christopher Nolan is NOT a Fan of 3D, But "Batman 3" Might Be in 3D

Christopher Nolan recently revealed that he is not interested in incorporating 3D technology in his movies since it makes the picture darker and more difficult to make the movie intended by the filmmaker.

"I'm not a huge fan of 3D," he said. "But really it's going to be up to audiences to decide how they want to watch their films."

He added, however, that he's not against making the third "Batman" movie in 3D and has already played around with the technology. "We did tests on 'Inception' to look at the post conversion process," he revealed. "And they worked very well. It's quite easy to do, in fact. But it takes a little time, and we didn't have the time to do it to the standard that I would have been happy."

Warner Bros will likely push Nolan to make "Batman 3" in 3D, especially since the director would rather convert the film in post-production than shoot it with 3D cameras. The conversion process is much cheaper, easier to do, takes less time and doesn't restrict the filmmaker during production.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=18009

Yeah, Nolan will have to really insist otherwise to stop it from being in 3D. Everyone on the financial side of things is going to want him to, and I can't really blame them. Unless he puts his foot down, it'll probably happen.

Pretty weird that he actually prefers the post-production conversion, given that it seems significantly inferior. But whatever, as long as there's a 2D version for me to watch.

whoah.. it is.. alicia silverstone was in it too.. and Mr. Freeze.. twas George Clooney as Bruce Wayne on that Movie
it wasnt jim carrey and tommy lee jones where in the one with val kilmer.

Jim Carrey and TLJ were in Batman Forever, which had Val Kilmer as Batman. Trust me on this, Drew Barrymore's in that film, hence why I saw it and own it.