Best animated Movie?

Tools    

I would have to say Ice Age. Hilarious movie.

Shrek 1 and 2
Cars
The Incredibles
Ice Age 1 and 2
Finding Nemo

screw it, i like all them

My Two Most Favourite Animated Movies.

Another vote for 'Fantasia'. I've never seen any to compare with it. although I liked some others very much; 'Pinocchio' 'Alice' 'Snow White'
Didn't understand all the fuss about racism in 'dumbo'; of course. there are blackbirds. and red birds and blue birds and yellow birds.
Maybe I missed something.

I forgot about Over the Hedge. I think that ranks up there with Ice Age.

I have to return some videotapes.
Flushed Away was great in my mind. I laughed pretty good throughout it.

The Prince of Egypt, I loved that film, I think im gonna go buy the DVD this week!

For the top slot i would have got to agree with "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" - pure quality
honourable mentions to:
Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
Shrek (Dreamworks)
The Incredibles (Disney/Pixar)

Have you guys seen what animated movies are coming out this summer?? So far I've watched the trailer for Ratatouille and it looks pretty cute with some great animation ad characters... I'll be catching that later in the summer...

Old movies.. well Disney wise--- Aladdin has to be my fave
Ice Age is hilarious
Roger Rabbit was a claaaaaaaaasic
The first Shrek always got me too

My Neighbor Totoro, its just such a lovely film, the characters are so magical, enough to make kids of all ages feel warm inside!

Since I've put my favorite anime films over in the Anime thread, I've decided to limit this list to my fave 2-D films that are non-manga inspired (with the exception of The Animatrix, since, even with it heavy anime-influence, I tend to regard much more as an "American" film):

10. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Atlantis is one of the few Disney films I can stomach mostly because it came along near the end of the their 2-D run, & at a time when the company seemed to decided to add a bit edge to their house style with some inspiration from comicbook illustrator Mike Mignola. And just when they had me stating to warm to their stuff, they finally pull the plug to the hand-drawn animation.

9. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
These types of animated movies that're spun-off of equally animated TV series, are usually ones that I don't hold much hope for.
Therefore, I was quite surprised at not only how much I enjoyed this big screen adaption the Bruce Timm little screen episodes, but also, at how I found it's story to be better than many of those of the TV program. Walking out at the end of Phantasm, I actually found myself feeling like the giant comicbook nerd that I truly am, but for years, had denied myself of truly being.

8. How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
For a long time, I used to think that I was the King of Sinful Sots.
Then I saw this.
And I realized that compared to this guy, I'm just a moldy purple spot
on the dead tomato splot that is his heart.
You are the true rotter,
Mr. Grinch.

7. Fear[s] Of The Dark
A really cool anthology horror flick that's done all in black & white. Five different short stories, all animated & written by 5 different artists and/or comic book creators, with 2 intervals stitching the whole thing together. Each story's animation done with a real sense of vibrancy, despite the monochromatic color scheme, enhancing the feel of creepiness that is the heart of this film's intention.
Just plain good stuff all around.

6. Heavy Metal
One of the most important moments growing up for me as a huge comicbook nerd was the discovery of Heavy Metal, an anthology comic-magazine full of fantasy, futuristic and/or the emergin cyber-punkologic stories that were not restricted by those imposed upon more immature superheroic fare.
When the movie came out, even though it lacked the technical strength of more general-audience targeted animated features, in it I saw the potential for the kind of creative diversity & no-holds barred story telling that I had experienced in the magazine. It is definitely flawed, & even more definitely not for everybody, but it is, a vehicle for anyone interested in looking for something that is not the same ol' same ol' & with an interesting anthology theme whose rock'roll/sci-fi/animated integrated format is bound by neither PC rules or those that result from the kid-targeted genre.

5. Sleeping Beauty
When it comes to animated filmsm I'm not that big of a fan of Disney. While I don't hate 'em, the musical numbers combined with the saccharine quality that usually accompanies them usually makes it difficult for me to sit thru their entirety. I tend to prefer a little more bite or edge to my cartooninized cinematic-fare.
Sleeping Beauty is a bit of an exception because of the memory I have associated with it.
I saw this movie as a very young child, and the kickassery of the Witch & the dragon was probably the first time my little mouth uttered the words "Holy sh*t....!".

4. Animatrix

Many years earlier, I watched a movie called Heavy Metal. And though it lacked the technical & story skills required to make it something really worth mentioning, I did see in it a potential for an interesting anthology series whose rock'roll/sci-fi/animated integrated format was bound by neither PC rules or those that result from the kid-targeted genre.
Then came the Animatrix & showed us (well...me, at least) what that potential could look like.

3. Nightmare Before Christmas
Is it a Halloween movie with a Christmas twist, or a Christmas movie with a Halloweenic slant? Or is it both?
For me, I look at it like discovering that your trick-or-treat bag has been filled with presents instead of candy.
And no rocks.
Or coal.
IMO, Tim Burton's best film, by far. Such a great cast of characters. Innocent enough for kids who can still see the world thru bushy-tailed bright-eyed glasses, yet twistedly dark enough to keep the interests of those of us adults who've had that part of our spirits crushed a long time ago.
A holiday movie for all ages on either side of the perspective spectrum.

2. Iron Giant

Just when I thought that my hairy pimp-ass had finally reached a point in life that was hardcore enough that even the idea that I could get misty over a movie-ending was, for me, about as far on the otherside of the street, that it was in anudder 'hood, dawg.
Then comes along the Iron Giant, & proves me wrong.
And it's not just that it's a movie,
but even worse, it's an animated movie.
A cartoon.

Whenever I watch the scene with the line " ....Suuperrmann...",
I always find it quite difficult to refrain from repeatingly dabbing at that "something in my eye" that starts to become annoyingly persistent.
Damn.

This movie makes life hard out here for a pimp.

1.Belleville Rendez-vous

Or The Triplets of Belleville, as it was released in the U.S..
As an illustrator & cartoonist, I was surprised at how close this flick was to the style of drawing that got me interested in the field to begin with. Gritty yet beautifully rendered, cartoonishly exaggerated yet realistically animated. I could look at artwork like this all day.
Plus, even though it is a foreign film, it has no dialogue in it, at all. And therefore, no need for sub-titles. So if some bizarre accident occurs (heaven forbid, of course) whereby that part of your brain that's responsible for reading becomes inexplicably cancelled out, you'll still be to watch & enjoy this flick.

My top 5 favorite Animated Movies

5. Iron Giant
4. Spirited Away
3. Shrek
2. Triplets Of Bellevue
1. Charlottes Web

Another vote for 'Fantasia'. I've never seen any to compare with it. although I liked some others very much; 'Pinocchio' 'Alice' 'Snow White'
Didn't understand all the fuss about racism in 'dumbo'; of course. there are blackbirds. and red birds and blue birds and yellow birds.
Maybe I missed something.
In addition to liking "Dumbo", Snow White, and Pinocchio the best, I also like "Fantasia' and Fantasia 2000. Cinderella, "Lady & the Tramp", and Peter Pan are also likeable to me.

Yet, at the same time, as a general rule, as with all other films, my heart keeps going back to a special one...hehe.

i also enjoy the disney classics(maybe even more then 3-D)

I wonder, however, if these older animated films that we enjoy a great deal are designated to disappear into the dustbin of history, never to be seen or shown again.