What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The Last Movie (1971)
I've long wondered about that movie but have never seen it. Sometime ago when I first got into film I watched The Hirehand and was amazed by it. I did some reading about it and found a small list of other films made under the same movement:

'After the success of Easy Rider (1969), Universal Studios hit upon the idea to let young filmmakers make semi-independent films for low budgets in hopes of generating similar profits. The idea was to make five movies for low budgets (one million dollars or less) not interfere in the filmmaking process, and give the directors final cut. The other movies were:'

Diary of a Mad Housewife (1970)
The Hired Hand (1971)
The Last Movie (1971)
Silent Running (1972)
Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)
Minnie and Moskowitz (1971)

Taking Off (1971)
American Graffiti (1973)

I've only seen the most popular ones on that list (American Graffiti, Silent Running) and Two-Lane Blacktop which I really liked and of course The Hired Hand. Have you seen any of the others?

I've long wondered about that movie but have never seen it. Sometime ago when I first got into film I watched The Hirehand and was amazed by it. I did some reading about it and found a small list of other films made under the same movement:

'After the success of Easy Rider (1969), Universal Studios hit upon the idea to let young filmmakers make semi-independent films for low budgets in hopes of generating similar profits. The idea was to make five movies for low budgets (one million dollars or less) not interfere in the filmmaking process, and give the directors final cut. The other movies were:'

Diary of a Mad Housewife (1970)
The Hired Hand (1971)
The Last Movie (1971)
Silent Running (1972)
Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)
Minnie and Moskowitz (1971)

Taking Off (1971)
American Graffiti (1973)

I've only seen the most popular ones on that list (American Graffiti, Silent Running) and Two-Lane Blacktop which I really liked and of course The Hired Hand. Have you seen any of the others?
I've only seen Graffiti and S Running out of those. I have seen another Hopper film though - Out of the Blue which wouldn't be out of place in this conversation.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I finally bought a DVD of Arsenic and Old Lace because you never know when you're gonna need to rewatch it. Of course, I immediately lent it to a friend, since we'd just gone to see a local production of the play and loved it.

Then again, I also own it via Prime Video, but I can't lend that out quite as easily as a DVD, so now she and I can both watch it. You'll notice on my profile that it's one of my top ten movies (top five, really). And for good reason.

So I was running out of space on my shelves, so I took 10 blu rays that I wasn’t planning on rewatching to The Beat Goes On to sell. They took 7 of them but were only doing store credit so I got $90 store credit. I then used the store credit to buy four blu rays. I got:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (40th anniversary edition)
The Ring steelbook
Phantasm 1&2
Pet Sematary

Seen this twice & will probably watch it again one day.

Oppenheimer. I saw it in the theater and the story is part of an interest theme I've mainly pursued in books....The Bomb. Historically, Robert Oppenheimer sits ad the crux of the Manhattan Project, working with a diverse group of physicists and military to make The Gadget. I've read several books on the project and could not imagine not seeing the movie however good it was. Being a big project with a lot of players, the movie oversimplifies the whole thing in spite of 3 hours, but it's as good as time and viewer sophistication would allow. Books worth considering include American Prometheus, The Making of the Atomic Bomb, and of course, the horrifying Hiroshima.

Being such a consequential story, I could not imagine not having a copy for the shelf. It arrives tomorrow.

I've not seen it, really looking forward to it Whenever that will be.
I know the feeling. At some distant time in the future will I get to see all the movies I want to see.

The truth is in here
Classic Coppola featuring a top-notch cast (Including the adorable Cindy Williams) and a trippy, Czechoslovakian version of Alice In Wonderland. Equally hyped for both.

Hong Kong action film buff.
i don't remember very well because i got 4 of them, but the last one i used was "Barnyard 2005" for my birthday.
i also got shrek 4, alvin & the chipmunks..and another one

$20 deal, 3 movies that I enjoyed and wouldnt mind having in my collection.

Inception DVD
Edge of Tomorrow Blueray 3D
The Nice Guys Blueray