Male actors who have aged well?

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
I would have to say that Bruce Willis is becoming cooler and cooler the older he gets and the more hair he loses.

...and may I just add that Sean Connery has been bald since his twenties. He's wearing a hair piece in all the early Bond movies. Yes, it's a fact.

Bruce Willis is not exactly aging well, before when he was doing all the action films in his younger days (Die Hard, etc) he was looking well for an oldish feller but now he is only good enough (physically) to do the Thrillers (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable) but as far as acting wise he is still remarkably talented.

Bruce Willis
Mel Gibson
Sean Connery
And who can leave out Ahnuld Scharzeneggar? He's, what, 50-55? And look at him! He's doind Terminator 3, and you know he has to look kind of young for that part!

Put me in your pocket...
You're absolutely right Gracie, and so is Lord Slayton. Arnold and Redford deserve to be mentioned. I like a man who becomes more manly with age, instead of trying to be young like Sylvester Stallone. Rocky dyes his hair too dark, and his skin looks like it's been pulled tight one too many times...but that's just my opinion.

Here's my list.........

Sean Connery
Robert Redford
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Steve Martin
Samuel L. Jackson
Clint Eastwood
Paul Newman
Tommy Lee Jones
Ricardo Montalbon
John Forsythe
John McCook (Eric Forester: The Bold and the Beautiful)

Men I think aged well in the past...

John Wayne
Cary Crant
David Niven
Gene Kelly
Howard Keel

I have to agree on Arnold and Sean… Arnold looks great for his age and Sean.. well… if he ever gets too hard on the eyes... you can always just listen...

So… here’s my list:

Sean Connery
Arnold Scharzeneggar
Alan Rickman
Sam Elliot
Tom Selleck

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally posted by Caitlyn
Sam Elliot
I always wished I had his voice. What a stud.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Absolutely. I dig him in Roadhouse, I dig him in Tombstone, and I dig him in The Big Lebowski.

"The Dude abides... I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that."

Very good, choices, Aniko! I can't belive I forgot Sam Jackson...John Travolta has aged pretty well! Did you see him in Lucky Numbers? He looked fantastic! Charleton Heston's aged magnificently!

Put me in your pocket...
Gaahhh...I can't believe I didn't check back on this thread Gracie. Sorry.

I haven't seen Lucky Numbers...but I trust your judgement.
And...I agree with you on Charleton Heston.

I also want to add Richard Gere. He looks more distinguished now instead of just another hollywood pretty boy. I love that he let his hair go grey and that in Chicago during the close-ups you could see his laugh lines. Two thumbs up to Richard for being a man and for not having tightly stretched skin.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I noticed you mentioned Redford, and I like that. I really don't like his politics, but I've read interviews with him about the whole Hollywood obsession with looks and aging. The interviewers usually mention his leathery face that looks way older than those of his peers. He bluntly states that he doesn't believe in plastic surgery for vanity and has had nothing done to his face (which implies those peers certainly have).

He says he has nothing to hide and nothing to prove by pretending to be younger.

I think he and Brad Pitt could do father/son roles and look uncannily like the real thing. They have the same hair, jaw line, etc. I bet Pitt ages well too.

And yes, Gere (another political guy I don't agree with) gets two thumbs up for going gray. And he *could* get away with coloring it like so many others do (Arnold included), but yet he doesn't. And he looks great. Better than he was when younger.

Paul Newman looks great too. And Heston. It shocks me to hear how old some of these guys really are.

I always thought Redford looked good for his age, rugged. But when I said that your son and his freind ganged up on me and made me cry.

Meanies! Okay, that's it. No pizza for him next time he's here. (Oh wait, he usually buys his own. Never mind!)

What did they gang up on you for? Just saying it? Or did they disagree?

I am having a nervous breakdance
They're just plain evil.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Pfft. I did no such thing. I said Reford looked "like an old catcher's mitt." That was the extent of my dissent.

Anyhoo, Leslie Nielsen's got to be near the very top of the list. He'll be -- get this -- 77 years old in five days. Not bad.

Put me in your pocket...
Poor Slaytan.....your feelings are still hurt aren't they?
Was that in the "Would you Sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars" thread?

Originally posted by Austruck

He says he has nothing to hide and nothing to prove by pretending to be younger.

I think he and Brad Pitt could do father/son roles and look uncannily like the real thing. They have the same hair, jaw line, etc. I bet Pitt ages well too.

And yes, Gere (another political guy I don't agree with) gets two thumbs up for going gray. And he *could* get away with coloring it like so many others do (Arnold included), but yet he doesn't. And he looks great. Better than he was when younger.
I agree he has nothing to prove. Roberts' age hasn't taken away his appeal, but has made him more interesting.

And....I agree with you on Brad Pitt and Robert Redford. When I watched The Spy Game I couldn't help but notice the resemblance between the two and what great chemistry they had. I'll bet you're right about Pitt's aging also.

Oh...I just thought of another...Sting. I wasn't sure if I should mention him because he's not an actor, but....wow....
I also like how he handles himself in interviews. Very interesting man.

Okay, let's take this a different way. Not in the "which ones are still handsome?" direction, but just "which ones don't look their age?"

I think celebs who were never good-looking to begin with have a distinct advantage when they get older. Look at anyone from Don Rickles to Mel Brooks. Goofy-looking guys even when they were younger. They used to look old before their time. But now guys like Rickles still look the same as they did before, at a quarter century later!

Also, what about guys like Pacino and DeNiro? They're looking older, wrinklier, but not bad. I think they both have almost a different look about them now than they did when younger, but they're choosing roles (especially DeNiro) that suit their age. Newman does that too. Isn't afraid to play older men. I'm not sure Redford has hit that point yet. He still likes to play men a half generation younger than he is. (But he does kinda pull it off, so it's easy to forgive.)

How about Micheal J Fox, health issues aside, Fox looks about the same as he did Years ago.

Put me in your pocket...
I love Al Pacino’s face as he gets older in particular. Very strong. I wish he wouldn’t die his hair though. At least it looked way too dark in his latest movie preview. But I’m probably just being picky though.

On my original list I had some men I thought looked good for their age, but I’ve never considered them “hollywood handsome.” More average/everyday type men.

Steve Martin – He looks the same to me as he did 10-15 years ago.
Samuel L. Jackson – I’ve never considered him handsome, but is still so cool.
Tommy Lee Jones – I think he’s aged well, but I do agree that he tries to “play men a half generation younger than he is”.

Here are a few others, some goofy some not.....
Danny Devito
Jackie Chan
Dustin Hoffman
Morgan Freeman
Danny Glover

Slaytan, your right Dan Rather does look great. So does Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw.
I also think Secretary of State, Colin Powell looks great.

Frutkake...M. Fox does look good, but...but....he's only a year younger than me.......
I'm suddenly feeling very old....