Rugby World Cup Is Here

Tools    

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
I don't watch rugby ever, so I wouldn't have a freakin' clue, but based on what I gathered from the conversations that were taking place around me last night, it was an...

...awesome final! Yahoo!

......and very, very close.

Some good play, lots of bad and a brilliant end.

Oh, and I think Wilkin(King!)son is retiring from international rugby. Or that's just the gist I got.

England only got one try, but it was an awesome one which some what makes-up for the slip-up one earlier in the game. The rest was Johnny's magic foot.

And now, just to show how in the states of Australia that are usually more interested in AFL, people have embraced rugby somewhat, and have suddenly become self-proclaimed pundits of the sport...

A CONVERSATION AT THE BAR

MATT stands at the bar, waiting to be served.

A MAN and a BOY stand to his left.

MAN: Have you heard the latest score?
BOY: Nah, last time I heard it was a tie.
MAN: God, a tie.

A GIRL to Matt's right leans across in front of him.

GIRL: We lost.
MAN: We lost?
MAN: (to BOY) We lost.
BOY: We lost.
MATT: And of course, it matters to us inherently, 'cause God knows we all love rugby so much.

Everyone at the bar goes silent and looks at Matt.

MAN: Don't knock the rugby, boy. It's taken me six weeks to learn the rules.
GIRL: Me too.
BOY: We lost. Our boys lost.

I must become Caligari..!
Its called World Cup fever, it happens with every sport, Last Year With the Soccer World Cup, At school all of a sudden everyone became "Camaroonian" supporters... Most of them didnt even know Camaroon exisited before it started
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Yes we did loose but it was a great game.

Lets put a smile on that block
YAY we Won!! Hurrah Hurrah. The boys came home today...