Denzel Murders Everyone: Beginning of Equalizer 3

Tools    

Taking the old "skull f****ing" gag (e.g., Full Metal Jacket) to a new level here. We are beset by impossible old men action heroes. It appears Denzel is attempting to outwick Keanu.

See below for the first few minutes.

Yeah I haven't seen any of these films but I started hearing references to how brutal they were, which...I didn't realize? Kinda makes me wanna watch them now. Not because I'm especially into that, but because before I just assumed it was some kind of generic revenge story. I guess Denzel's mere involvement should've caused me to look closer though, since he makes fairly interesting/good choices most of the time.

The action sequences have improved immensely compared to the first two movies. My biggest complaint with the first two was that there were far too many cuts whenever action is involved. There were like 5-10 cuts every 1 or 2 seconds of action and it was disorienting af. Now there are fewer cuts and they make use of zooms and pans to make it easier to follow the action.

The action sequences have improved immensely compared to the first two movies. My biggest complaint with the first two was that there were far too many cuts whenever action is involved. There were like 5-10 cuts every 1 or 2 seconds of action and it was disorienting af. Now there are fewer cuts and they make use of zooms and pans to make it easier to follow the action.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I may look like an ageing leading man who gets winded walking on to set from his trailer, but what I do have are a very particular set of editing tricks. Tricks editors have acquired to make old men look agile. Tricks that make me a nightmare for people like you.

I watched all these movies because I'm a Denzel Washington fan, but in my opinion, this type of film is kind of beneath his talents. As for the series as a whole, the most brutal is the first film, which is also the best one by far. I didn't like the second movie. The third is a little better , but other than nice scenery and the reteaming of Denzel Washington with Dakota Fanning, who he worked with in "Man on Fire", the story is quite thin. In my opinion, this is a series that really only realistically supported one film, but which they extended into a trilogy because it was popular and profitable to do so.

One thing you see in Equalizer 3 that you never see in the John Wick franchise, is that McCall is human and capable of being injured. In the latest film we do see McCall having bullets removed from him surgically as well as seeing him walk with the aid of a cane. We've never seen a scratch on John Wick.

One thing you see in Equalizer 3 that you never see in the John Wick franchise, is that McCall is human and capable of being injured. In the latest film we do see McCall having bullets removed from him surgically as well as seeing him walk with the aid of a cane. We've never seen a scratch on John Wick.

He did lose a finger.

HAHA. This is a very apt comparison. Good job on that, but I hate the John Wick movies with a fiery passion, so to me this is not a persuasive argument that will get me to like the Equalizer movies more than I do!

What was it, part 3? He pulls up a high chair to the high table and takes his punishment. In the last film, he is running around with only nine fingers the whole time.

Did anyone notice whether or not that finger was restored for the 4th film?
Yes, I did. It is not. In the last film, he is running around with only nine fingers the whole time.His ring finger is cut off at the first knuckle.