The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, 91 is definitely The Witch.

Think 91 is The Witch

I will guess Ex Machina for 92

It is very hard to keep up with you guys.

I forgot the opening line.
94. Captain America : Civil War - Here comes the superhero movies. Well, I'm planning on catching up with all the Marvel Universe films eventually, but I haven't got up to Captain America : Civil War, so I'll look forward to crossing it off this list some day soon.

93. It Follows - While I'm always impatient to see the films on my ballot show up, I'm a little disconcerted to have two show up so early - is it because horror films invariably have smaller fanbases? This one builds a creepy atmosphere that seeps through the screen and will freak people out - seeing random people, or even friends and acquaintances, mindlessly coming towards you bent on your annihilation. The fact that the curse in this film is sexually transmitted has had people feverously interpreting what it means ever since it came out. Is it about AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases? Is it about sex as a social function, or our attitudes about it? Done on a low budget, this film proves once again that it's the imagination put into a film that makes or breaks it - not necessarily the money spent on it. That goes double for horror films like this. I'm a big fan of It Follows, and it was my #15

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seen 6/8
Films on my radar : 1
Films I've never even heard about : 1

#93 - My #15 - It Follows (2014)
#96 - My #1 - Hereditary (2018)

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Well, it didn't deserve to make this list, but at least we got it out of the way early on here...

Well, it didn't deserve to make this list, but at least we got it out of the way early on here...
To be fair, there's a handful of films on here which I don't care for either, but people should be allowed to vote for whatever they want to. So, if Hereditary honestly is in someone's top 25, that's a good enough reason as any to include it.

To be fair, there's a handful of films on here which I don't care for either, but people should be allowed to vote for whatever they want to. So, if Hereditary honestly is in someone's top 25, that's a good enough reason as any to include it.
Well yeah, that's the whole point of a consensus list; doesn't mean I shouldn't express my opinion on it, though.

Well yeah, that's the whole point of a consensus list; doesn't mean I shouldn't express my opinion on it, though.
Fair enough, might've misinterpreted your post.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I got caught up on most of the MCU films for this countdown, and Captain America: Civil War was one of the movies that I liked a lot. It's my favorite of the Captain America movies, and I'm glad to see that it made the countdown, but it didn't make my list.

I don't usually watch horror movies, but I watched It Follows for this countdown because it was on one of the cable movie channels. It was better than I expected, but it's still not my type of movie.

My list by primary genre. I typically find horror & thriller to intertwined to separate. But since I have Sci-Fi and Western separate chose to divide those as well.

DRAMA:7
THRILLER: 5
HORROR: 3
COMEDY: 3
ACTION: 3
DOCUMENTARY: 2
SCI-FI: 1
WESTERN: 1

I forgot the opening line.
92. Oblivion is a good chance (if it's not Ex Machina).

91. Is The VVitch - there's no point fighting it.

(I can't really see Oblivion making the countdown though, so I'm still thinking of an alternate.)

That is already an awful lot of Horror flicks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I wasn't sure which Marvel movies would make it. There were a lot of them in the 2010s but even among MCU fans that's a lot of ways the vote can split.

I had a few Marvel movies on my list, Civil War was the highest at #9. I like the Captain America movies and I liked how they bring so many different characters together, I think it's handled well. I don't get bored watching Civil War like some bang crash superhero films. Sure, there's no stakes in the big airport fight, nobody is going to die...but the stakes in this are more personal, it's about divided loyalty, forgiveness, doing the right thing but disagreeing profoundly about what the right thing is. I like how Cap is kind of on the wrong side in some ways, I think it gives the film an edge. It's an entertaining movie, a blockbuster done well.

I haven’t seen the Marvel movie. I have a feeling I’ll be saying that a lot throughout this countdown.
I really enjoyed It Follows. It had me on the edge of my seat. It was a very good thriller. My favorite though was The Purge. I don’t think anything will beat the tension of that movie.
I have a feeling everything I picked is going to come out in the countdown in the top fifty.
4/8 seen
2/8 picked

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Also, I watched World of Tomorrow and found it to be pretty lackluster. About on the same level for me as It's Such a Beautiful Day.