Mayweather v Pacquiao

Tools    

Mayweather technique is so g*y... wow Pacman deserved this win

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Mayweather technique is so g*y... wow Pacman deserved this win
wow it's like you know you shouldn't be using that word like that, and then you do it anyways. That asterisk really makes a difference

wow it's like you know you shouldn't be using that word like that, and then you do it anyways. That asterisk really makes a difference
I mean guy

did pac really think he had won the fight?
in the movies they always have a coach or something in their corner telling them the fight score and what they need to do to win

in the movies they always have a coach or something in their corner telling them the fight score and what they need to do to win
The only thing Mayweather does in this fight was Hugging and Running lol at least Pac give some hard shot

Let the night air cool you off
The judges in boxing are so terrible that the corners, or anybody else really, don't know much about the score. It does seem odd that Pac would think he was winning though, maybe he was influenced by the crowd and thought Floyd's non-aggressive style would have him ahead on points. Dunno.

Like I said. Boring fight. Call it Mayweather strategy or what have you but boxing is dead. Honestly not sure how it sticks around and how so many people pay for something like that. Start saving up for the rematch folks!

One thing I don't get is everybody complaining about the fight...like, shouldn't have EVERYBODY kind of seen this coming? Have they never seen Floyd fight before? It's not like he is going to change his style just because this is the biggest fight of his career.

Disappointed that Mayweather one - I tend to just route for underdogs in general, and Mayweather's cocky attitude didn't help generate a lot of sympathy.

Disappointed that Mayweather one - I tend to just route for underdogs in general, and Mayweather's cocky attitude didn't help generate a lot of sympathy.
And the whole woman beating thing.

And I'd like to add that boxing isn't dead. I don't know how you could call it dead by any means. The sport of boxing makes a ton of money for the people at the top, and there's still exciting fighters. I think you should tune into HBO on May 16. The two fights on that night feature two top ten P4P guys that are really fun pressure fighters.

I enjoyed the fight even though I wanted a different outcome. Manny clearly lost but he took the fight to him and I thought it was entertaining. Not a lot of jab and grab that you usually see in the big fights.

Paquiao had to figure Floyd was throwing less punches then he did to think he won. He was the agressor so fight must have felt different then it looked.

People are complaining about Floyd's style but he is incredibly effective. Fast and accurate allows you to box that way and simply carve your opponet up. Not many can do it, but he is one of the greats. Yes, I hate the guy too but that becomes irrelevant if your talking about the fight itself.

Boxing > MMA

If I wanted to see someone tap out by submission I'd watch WWE. If I wanted to see two fighters roll on the ground I'd watch women's jello wrestling.

No MMA fight can match the excitement of a boxing fight like the one last night. Everyone that knows anything about boxing knew if Mayweather controlled the fight it would be dull because that's what he does. The exciting part was everyone thinking Manny, who doesn't fight many dull fights, had the style to get Floyd out of that, but for whatever reason he didn't.

Boxing feels like an art (probably why there are so many boxing movies). MMA just feels like a controlled bar fight.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

MMA > Boxing

I won't bother arguing, just what I think is better.
Yeah, I like MMA better too. But the current state of MMA is sh*t.

However MovieBuffering's stance on MMA just being a controlled bar fight is awful. Makes no sense, I've never seen anybody in a bar fight pass guard and pull an armbar. And I am pretty sure there's a bunch of boxing movies because the sport been around a long time, has an interesting history filled with dirty deeds and interesting characters. Plus the nature of the sport being one on one can make for a compelling drama.

And MMA is not just two people rolling on the floor, but tell me how that's better than a fight where one guy punches another guy's forearms until the other guy hugs.