Explain Yourself...

Tools    

There's a number of intro threads on here, but there's many a member I know nothing about.

Just thought it would be cool if there was a thread to give a relatively rounded outlook on you as a person...

... obviously bank account details and addresses aren't required.

... I looked on the forum but couldn't find a thread, so sorry to the Mods of it's been done already.

I'll start with moi.

I'm 30, live in England in the home of Tolkien's Hobbits... am into reviewing movies, watching movies, learning about movie making techniques so I can try to give my best review possible on the forum.

Have watched films since I was a kid, some of the first movies I watched were horrors, violent action and gory stuff, so nothing really shocks me anymore... and have gained a relatively large knowledge of movies and movie trivia over the years. Nothing extensive compared to the likes of some of the guys on this forum, but I try my best at least.
Young Guns is my #1 movie ever... have seen it well over 2500 times.
As a kid, I'd watch it once a day, along with other various movies too.

More into sci-fi movies, actioners, and the odd drama here and there. Horror isn't my thing but I can watch them without getting too bored.
I'm a fan of modernising movies with CGI technology but when it's OTT like the movie 2012 is, it takes away from the experience, I also can't stand it when CGI takes over from the script. Flash And No Bang as I say sometimes.
I hate the 3D scam too.

I'm also into The Lincoln County War, hence my love of the movie Young Guns (not the sequel though, it's poop).
I'm yet to be appraised, but my knowledge of the Lincoln War of 1878 is above most experts and even historians.

I love family history too. I've tracked my family name back 1500 years so far... to the beginning of the Anglo Saxon occupation of Britain.

Other than that, I play pool at a professional level, I play anywhere up to 200 matches a year and have made a break of 78 in Snooker. I'm no good really though, my match stats are abysmal
I've also played pool for charity, namely Breast Cancer and me and my Pool mates under organisation of another buddy of mine have raised over £1500 last year.

My IQ is above 160...
I'm also unbeatable in Gran Turismo 3, older game I know... but I'm proud of it

I was diagnosed as depressive over 5 years ago, and haven't worked since. My last jobs included working for the Government in the M.O.D, and have done security work in the past until I got injured, I've also got skills and qualifications in chemical and industrial waste disposal when I worked for an Industrial Cleaning company.

Another interest of mine is retro gaming. I still play my SNES and a few PS1 games.

I have very little interest in music. I'll listen to Aerosmith and Queen, and that's about it.
Modern music (1990ish - present day) especially is worthless and means nothing to me.

So... your turn to give something interesting...

Don't give the prick the satisfaction.
Great idea Rodent!

Here is mine;

I'm nineteen and live in Texas. I love movies, watching them, reviewing them, collecting them.

As anyone else i've watched movies since I was a small kid, but some of my first movies were children movies and then horror/action-adventure movies.

Besides watching movies/tv shows, I enjoy playing video games and shooting pool.

I know this may not be the most interesting background, but there you go.

19, Christian, born and raised in Maryland, love movies, auto racing, watching them, acting, racing, learning how to make films, reviewing them and even collecting a few dvds.

I have been watching films forever. I never tied to to any drama. I just watch something and see if it is good or not. I just got into the arts institute of Washington and my major is digital filmmaking and video production. I started acting in 2005 and went to an acting school. Stopped for a while and went back to acting this year. Have gotten parts in a few indie films, a new up and coming tv show, and in October will start production in my first leading role which I wrote. As I have gotten older I have had a strengthen relationship with God.

I stated I love auto racing. I watch all kinds of racing. NASCAR in particular. Have been since I could remember. I bought my very own racecar last year. I am basically trying to be a Paul Newman or Patrick Dempsey.

Other than that I like to play video games, watch tv shows, hang out.

Okay....My grammar is terrible, so beer with me!

I'm 38 and live on the Gold Coast.

I love sport... exercising, watching and complaining about it..

I've always loved Movies, with my mates, girlfriends and ex's. What got me hooked? Trinity

I go to Tech and work 20 hours a week. I have 2 brain injuries and I'm a bit of a dumb ass..seriously I am!

I too like a game of pool, especially when you can hammer other drunk people...eventhough you're hammered yourself In pool contest, not in the other way..

I like Movies which invoke feelings and desperation....also I like movies like the Hangover which don't have a meaning at all, though it's funny as f***! For me anyway.

My background is too disturbed to go it to!

I lack impulse control, so be warned! lol! I'm kidding of course, though you've been warned! lol! Kidding!

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I'm the result of a sparkle and cream burrito. My mother was hydrogen, my father was nitrogen. As a young fart I frolicked through the intestines of my host with several other companions. The journey turned out to be long and strenuous but here I am today.

Regardless of my unfortunate circumstances, I still try to expose myself to numerous films and then project my harsh judgements onto them.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I'm next, I suppose.

I'm a 19 year-old college student living in Florida. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico for some of my life before moving back and forth between several states, including Luisiana, Florida, and New York.

I love film, video games, music, and writing. My major love is writing, but film and video games are a very close second (it's a tie). I've already written a novel, and am working on the sequel. I've written a lot of poetry as well.

I have Asperger's Syndrome (diagnosed at 11), so socializing is difficult for me at times. I have great friends, however, that love me for who I am.

I love baseball and hockey, playing both a lot when I was young. I play some pool, but I'm definitely no expert. I'm an avid reader, and I like to walk around my neighborhood a lot (keeps me in shape).

As explained, I'm also an avid video gamer, owning at least five consoles and over fifty games. I've played since I was young, and don't plan on stopping any time soon.

I'm next, I suppose.

I'm a 19 year-old college student living in Florida. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico for some of my life before moving back and forth between several states, including Luisiana, Florida, and New York.

I love film, video games, music, and writing. My major love is writing, but film and video games are a very close second (it's a tie). I've already written a novel, and am working on the sequel. I've written a lot of poetry as well.

I have Asperger's Syndrome (diagnosed at 11), so socializing is difficult for me at times. I have great friends, however, that love me for who I am.

I love baseball and hockey, playing both a lot when I was young. I play some pool, but I'm definitely no expert. I'm an avid reader, and I like to walk around my neighborhood a lot (keeps me in shape).

As explained, I'm also an avid video gamer, owning at least five consoles and over fifty games. I've played since I was young, and don't plan on stopping any time soon.
What is your novel about? and I'd like to read your poetry sometime. If it's an option.

I might show off my poetry, provided there's a thread for stuff like that. And I basically made a superhero novel. Not a graphic novel (terrible at drawing), but with words and stuff. I might show off the first few chapters, if people are interested. Again, I don't wanna post my stuff on irrelevant forums though.

Well, my forum name... I think I covered this in another thread I created... is based on a graphic comicbook I created when I was a kid...

I guess a few glimpses of creativity on this thread wouldn't go amiss...

... nothing extensive though, in case any visitors decide to nick your stuff...

... explain yourself...

There's a few threads regarding poetry. Whenever you feel comfortable enough, it'd be nice to read.

Quatrain For The Lonely Man

Feeling Lonely Growing Old
Without someone to love and hold
So give me love to keep me flying
Because my heart is tired of dying

Wrote it myself... bit of a writer myself... nothing special.

PS: I had it published... so no nicking my stuff...

My nephew have Asperger's Syndrome. He's 16 years old and he knows everything about Cars...make, model, engine etc and so on. He has a best mate who has Asperger's Syndrome too. My sister said to me about 4 years ago, the people at NASA who saved Apolla 13 had Asperger's Syndrome. I played Rubgy League for years, though he knows more stats than me... unbelievable.

My nephew have Asperger's Syndrome. He's 16 years old and he knows everything about Cars...make, model, engine etc and so on. He has a best mate who has Asperger's Syndrome too. My sister said to me about 4 years ago, the people at NASA who saved Apolla 13 had Asperger's Syndrome. I played Rubgy League for years, though he knows more stats than me... unbelievable.

Yeah, that's kinda how it is. I can quote movie lines that people usually forget, and I know so much about random things (especially dinosaurs) right off the top of my head. Never knew about the NASA people, but that's really interesting.

My honors English teacher got me into doing some poetry in 10th grade.

Reasons
What is the reason? Why am I here?
What do I know? What do I fear?
I long to learn something. Gone are the days of nothing.
I want to feel. I want to be real.
I want love. Like Noah wanted to see a dove.
I want to be happy. Not crappy.
But alas this is all in the past.
What is the reason? That much isn't clear.
But I will be content to figuring that out. That much is clear.

Okay, here's one of my poems, since I somehow started something here.

The Sea

The gentle breeze drifts through the sands,
While the tide rolls in by Poseidon’s hand.
A gull caws its song in the distance,
Making known its meager existence.

Palm trees line up where water meets earth,
Showing their command with their mighty girth.
They shade those who hate the sun’s sting,
And gives them a spot to hear the ocean sing.

Children create castle molds near the shoreline,
Which crumble down as the tides decline.
A surfer rides the waves, proclaiming his fame,
While the waves toss him back, saying “you’re lame.”

Some find the coming sunset romantic,
Proclaiming a love as big as the Atlantic.
The many brilliant hues light up the night,
Leaving views in awe of such a sight.

It’s time for some to pack up and leave,
But others stay for the stories some weave
By the bonfire created from the driftwood
Left there where a shack once stood.

Many huts lay bare across the seashore,
Swiftly taken down by the hurricane’s roar.
Allowed little chance to run for cover,
Only time will allow it to recover.

While the sea may bring unwanted disaster,
Throwing things around like a sand blaster,
Nothing can take away from the sea,
Its natural and powerful beauty.