The last time a film made you jump?

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
It has been some years now. I have become desensitized to fictional narratives these days.
Yeah, it's been so long I can't even remember the last time it happened honestly. Probably when I was a wee one, I remember Freddy scaring the hell out of me when I was 5.

I've said this here a lot so people are probably bored with it but the only three films that have ever scared me are The Exorcist, Pinocchio (Disney) and Poltergeist 2.

Hmmm...I'm gonna go with Dark Skies.

That said, movies don't typically make me jump in part because I'm usually watching them in the background as I get work done. So I miss a lot of what probably would make me jump because my focus is on my computer.

The Witch actually made me jump – a bit – with one particular moment:

WARNING: spoilers below
A very well set-up shock as, in the middle of a grisly though seemingly quiet scene, Black Phillip's horns slam into William's ribs.

The Conjuring!

4:28 this afternoon precisely ..... I dozed off briefly after watching and the machine eventually unilaterally ejected it with a rather loud 'clunk'.

I'd say the Conjuring 2 was the last one that made me jump, yet, in general, I didn't think it was a terrifying movie. It uses a lot of cliches that many horror movies nowadays use that, frankly, I'm getting really tired of.
After all, it's another case of another demon possessing another little girl because of course it did.
Now, I didn't hate it either, I still thought that it was competently made, more so than most horror movies nowadays, especially compared to Paranormal Activity, which I've lost count on how many they've made now.

The Crooked Man scene in The Conjuring 2 was amazing.

The Crooked Man scene in The Conjuring 2 was amazing.
What about the ending of Secret Window?

Every bloody jump-scare in a movie make me jump (Oh that's why it's called like that, I literally write it and then realize it)
I hate scary movies because of that . Although I saw somewhere that watching a scary movie make you loose calories as a 30 minute walk

Every bloody jump-scare in a movie make me jump (Oh that's why it's called like that, I literally write it and then realize it)
I hate scary movies because of that . Although I saw somewhere that watching a scary movie make you loose calories as a 30 minute walk
I anticipate jump scares more often than not. I avert my gaze subtly with only the occasional glance back to the screen. This proved useful with The Witch but it still caught me out .

The scariest stuff's still what you don't see though. I remember Blair Witch, which I don't think I particularly rated, but in the case of

WARNING: spoilers below
the ending, I liked it and it was disturbing because you genuinely could feel the terror of the characters and what you imagined them reacting to was no doubt much more terrifying than seeing it.

The thing about jump scares that gets me is the musical cue. I'm very jumpy when it comes to noise, so even if I know something "scary" is coming, if it's accompanied by a loud sound, I'll probably jump anyway.

I didnt jump-but the last movie that scared me was "the strangers"- i had just moved into a new apartment and it was my first night there alone so i decided to have a movie night.
The thing that actually scared me was in the beginning when the girl kept knocking on the door ,because kids ( i assume) used to do that at our house when i was younger and it used to scare me to death lol last time i actually jumped i cant remember..i love horrors so i prob watch too many of them