Blade 2

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Found this movie to be surprisingly good.

del Toro did a good job making a remake to the first. To tell you the truth, he did a VERY good job.

The action (typical Wesley Snipes fighting), but man was it good. I suggest if you were a fan of the first, you should check it out. Some of the acting was a little cheesy, and Whistler's return is still something you'll scratch your head over, but it's not too odd.

So check it out, iffin ya want, they show the Star Wars trailer, and the ever-so-hyped Jason X trailer.

As a stand alone movie: Strong C+

As a sequel: B-

EDIT:

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

God , this movie was gret! Acton sequences , great , hell everything was just so cool!

Reminded me a lil' of Predator though.

I enjoyed it... though I haven't had time to write a review yet.

Besides the obvious holes in the story (which I overlook b/c they are not important to a movie like this), what really bothered me was the way Del Toro shot some of the action sequences. One of my pet peeves in movies is the 'Americanized' fight shot. Basically it means they cut in to close to the action and everything's a blur. I've always preferred the HK style where they shoot the fight from a distance so that everything is clear. Del Toro had it in a few scenes, but then he'd cut close in and piss me off

Overall though I really enjoyed the film.

One question... if the Reapers didn't have mandible jawbones, how did their mouthes go up and down when they spoke?

HAHA...

Who knows. If I remember correctly though, everything was normal up until they did their thing.

Kinda like the jaw of a snake, it snaps back into place. Dunno.

It's nothing that will change the way I review the film... just one of those things that really stood out and had me scratching my head. I don't expect reality when I see movies like Blade... just somethings make ya wonder

This was definatly a cool movie, go see it, its really enertaining!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Just saw this flick, definately a kick arse film

unfortunately people I went with didn't enjoy it as much as me and sat there putting flaws and asking questions and they couldn't just understand that the whole point of the film was just to make you think "uhhh cool!" and it did!

Personally I stepped out feeling slightly empty...needed some kind of sword...

The visuals were increidbly satisfying, and the vampire killing was far more satisfying than the first installment (some bits reminded me of the old acid days ) and even though some have complained about the CGI, I liked it, in a strange way it gave it a very comic book effect, which was a good thing in my eyes

over all most entertaining i've seen in a while, although im constantly having debates to whether this is better than Blade

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I dunno... This was kind of a let down. The makers of Blade 2 just didn't go far enough over the top with this one. Blade 1 was just better and more twisted. There wasn't much of a sense of fun to this. A movie on the same theme I liked a lot more than this is Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. It's a really cool Japanese cartoon that just about stomps Blade 2's arse. The guy with the crossbow for an arm totally rocks. Seriously. See Blade 2 if you really feel you need to, but Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is the real deal.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Personally, I thought Blade 2 was better than the first because it was more about him taking care of vampires than it was being pissed because he was a vampire. But everyone has their own opinion.

The first had such a classic opening scene, Blade 2 needed something like that to make it great

Yeah you did, thats what the opening scene that i am talking about was. I'm sorry, i meant the one at the rave when he just kills everyone. That was a great action scene and it didnt have obvious CG.

Yeah, but del Toro did a very good job with this. CG, I really didn't care, I mean yeah you could tell it was fake, but just watching the moves was like WOW.

I do agree that Del Toro did a better job than whoever directed the last one Norrington?