Mr. And Mrs. Smith

→ in
Tools    

May The Forks be With Us
I didn't see a thread for it so I thought that I should start one.

My rating for the Movie: 8/10

Great summer flick. I mean if you go in expecting a great film you will be disappointed, there are several plot holes in the movie along with some highly unlikely stuff going on. If you go in expecting a giant, action packed, ball of fun turned into a movie, you will enjoy the movie greatly. The acting in this movie is not so good because it is a little jerky, one scene they don't know if they love or hate eachother and then another scene they hate eachother, and then the next scene they love eachother and it was just a little choppy. The gun fights were awsome. The way they changed disquises(sorry for spelling if it's wrong) so smoothly and the way they fought, both with big guns, small guns, knifes, and hand-to-hand combat, it was all done very well and looked awsome.

BOTTOM LINE
If you want a film were you just want to see action and things blow up and people fight and die, go see this film. Otherwise go find some other film to go see.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Yeah... I think I'll pass this one!

I think a much better movie to watch is the Antonio Banderas/Lucy Liu action movie Ballistic. Kind of the same crap, but more watchable, IMO (based on what I've seen of Mr. & Mrs. Smith).

I ate all your bees.
I've seen Ballistic and Mr and Mrs Smith is waaaay more enjoyable I assure you.

Not a bad film. The comedy made it worthwhile. I just wish the action sequences weren't so overthetop. A little more on the realistic side.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
3.75 out of 5 stars ...

For what it is, this is a great summer action flick with heart. Charming, cheeky, and poking fun at itself, the movie also actually follows an underlying plot line that questions modern male/female, wife/husband, and female/society issues, and it handles everything in a light but touching way that includes lots of butt-kicking and big-hearted ego.

We see Jane Smith chafe at the bit of male assumptions of female strength and capability, and John struggle to prove he's not an idiot and can be counted on to do something right (for once). Domestic bliss gets a twentieth century wake-up call as an independent woman struggles to be the perfect wife while really wanting to prove she can also be the perfect husband.

We get to see a husband and wife really kick each other's butts (which, realistically, most partners aren't legally or physically capable of doing) and learn some hard lessons about themselves and each other by the time everything is over. For something people in long term relationships can't do, it sure is fun to watch.

A fun cast (Vince Vaughn is the bomb as always), some unrealistic
details (don't look too closely at the ending or it'll break), and some bad mumbling on Brad Pitt's part. They could have given more depth to Angelina's character - they sum her up as a Type A, bitchy,
anal-retentive personality, which conflicts unreasonably with the
woman John Smith fell in love with in the first place. You can argue he fell in love with a lie, but the point of the movie is, they told lies, but began on the basic truth of real love.

Good summer fun, and, you get to bring your kids cuz, sadly, they cut out the steamy stuff. Maybe the DVD will add it back in ...

You ready? You look ready.
I think it took a bit too much from True Lies in the sense of comic relief. I still enjoyed it though.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
I totally enjoyed this movie. my only beef was that in the trailer you get to see Brad with a machine gun riding a childs bike, so why wasn't it in the bloomin' film. Think about it where was the bit with Angelina and the mini gun??? Also in the trailer.

Originally Posted by The Sarge
I totally enjoyed this movie. my only beef was that in the trailer you get to see Brad with a machine gun riding a childs bike, so why wasn't it in the bloomin' film. Think about it where was the bit with Angelina and the mini gun??? Also in the trailer.
That's what we call film editing. I've seen it happen all the time. You see something in the trailers and it's not in the movie. Oh well, I've gotten use to it.

May The Forks be With Us
Yah. I hate film editing. Then when you go and get the DVD with the special features and you see all the deleted scenes and you think that most of them would work in a film but hey, it's not your choice, it's the directors say that is the final say. I hope they release an unrated version with some more action and other things like that. When they were shooting all those people there was no blood, that kind of made me mad but they were going for a pg-13 rating so it's understandable. Mostly every Directors cut that I have seen has been a lot better than the theatrical release.

Originally Posted by HellboyUnleashed
Yah. I hate film editing. Then when you go and get the DVD with the special features and you see all the deleted scenes and you think that most of them would work in a film but hey, it's not your choice, it's the directors say that is the final say. I hope they release an unrated version with some more action and other things like that. When they were shooting all those people there was no blood, that kind of made me mad but they were going for a pg-13 rating so it's understandable. Mostly every Directors cut that I have seen has been a lot better than the theatrical release.
Acutally, it's more of not the directors choice. All in all, it sucks.

Originally Posted by thmilin
Good summer fun, and, you get to bring your kids cuz, sadly, they cut out the steamy stuff.
Yes. Sadly.

Originally Posted by John McClane
That's what we call film editing. I've seen it happen all the time. You see something in the trailers and it's not in the movie. Oh well, I've gotten use to it.
I call it false advertising and i hate it when it happens. Just like the "Lord Vader...Riiiiiiiiise!" line that wasn't used and replaced by a "Lord Vadar....are you alright?" And when he said it, he sounded like a little wimp too.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by Escape
I call it false advertising and i hate it when it happens. Just like the "Lord Vader...Riiiiiiiiise!" line that wasn't used and replaced by a "Lord Vadar....are you alright?" And when he said it, he sounded like a little wimp too.
Wasn't the "Lord Vader.... Riiiiiiiiise" line was just after Anakin twatted Mace Windu.

Here to support the villians.......
Mr and Mrs Smith was a good and enjoyable action fest. The chemistry between Jolie and Pitt was solid and highly amusing at times. I haven't seen Jolie in a good movie for ages but she is very good in this along with Pitt who pulls his role of with alot of charisma, that you can't help but like the character, and some funny one-liners come courtesy of Vince Vaughn.There are plenty of explosions and fights to keep those action fans happy. All in all an exciting and enjoyable way to pass 2 hours or so.

Grade: B

I didn't think I'd go see this one...looks like a bunch of crap to me, but I'll see it today nonetheless. I hope I walk away pleasantly surprised.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by The Sarge
Wasn't the "Lord Vader.... Riiiiiiiiise" line was just after Anakin twatted Mace Windu.
Didn' he say in that scene "Rise Lord Vadar"? Anyways if he didn't, the rise part was said much quicker and as you just said, the scene was totally different than from the trailer. I didn't get the same feeling.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
[This was an average film, and I was a little dissapointed because I enjoyed the Bourne Identity so much. Didn't really believe that Vince Vaughn could ever be an assassin, still have mental images of him in bondage gear from Dodgeball(deeply disturbing), and as for the ending;
SPOILER ALERT

Thought it was going to be a homage to " Butch And Sundance " or for our younger viewers " Young Guns ", but I found it a little hard to swallow that 2 people could kill a small army of highly trained assassins so easily. However it could have ended like " Prizzi's Honour " but who would have been the A list victim?
Still it was miles better than " Ballistic " with Antonio Banderas and the sexy Lucy Liu!!! Hmmm, Angelina or Lucy??? Both please!!! Sorry I must have picked up Michael Douglas' sex addiction.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Everyone I know who's seen this movie has told me good things. Personally, I wasn't all that impressed, expect for the fact that Brad Pitt took off his shirt in one scene, LOL. It was a little confusing and more unrealistic than it should have been.

The actions sequences were very cool, though, I must say.

i just wanted to say this, as i gather it, isn't the plot essencialy the same as in true lies? and if it is why would i wanna go watch the same movie again with different actors?