Do You Love Yourself?

Tools    

I hate myself very much. As far as my looks go I hate being tall. Most people have a complex if they are too short. I would love to be short. I hate my hair because they are falling out quickly and in a few years I will look like a grandpa. I hate my oversized belly, my gigantic feet and the fact that I have dense body hair. I hate my barely working heart and my damaged brain.

I hate myself as far as mental characteristics go as well. I'm weak, I'm flawed and I'm broken. I'm afraid of tons of things, I can't stop hating on loads of things and I can't get along with virtually anybody for more than a year. I'm a snobbish, selfish, socially awkward prick who won't let anyone have a different opinion on certain things. I ask "why not?" when everyone else goes "why?" and vice versa. I lack motivation to do a bunch of stuff I should have done long ago. I complain about being tired by work when I have 7 lessons to teach while others spend entire days working without saying a word.

I can't enjoy simple things because something is either perfect or useless to me. It is very easy to make me angry, and even easier to make me cry. I'm extremely forgetful, I can't focus on a task for long enough to actually finish it most of the time. What little potential I have is wasted by my laziness.

I am an error. I'm a hiccup of the system. I should be corrected and ironed out like a bug in the software of the universe.

The problem is I'm way too much of a pussy to off myself. Fingers crossed for cancer, though.

Goodness. That was some post, Yasashii. Never thought of you like that before. I thought you seemed whiny, but now you sound ten times worse! Very fascinating, though. You too, Omnizoa. You people who hate yourselves are making the most interesting posts in here. Let's hear from some others who DESPISE their existence!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I'm not the best, but I'm not the worst is how I look at it

But I've been dealt with what I have, so I just try to make the best of it! I wouldn't say I love myself though

As far as my looks go I hate being tall.
Used to hate being tall when i was a kid, always towered over all of my friends and i felt people thought i was some creepy older kid hanging around with children haha.

To the rest of your post, i'm sorry you feel that way mate. Sounds like you need to get help mate no offence. Hope you feel better .

Yasashii, you aren't alone. I've heard loads of people say things like that about themselves. I've said plenty of them myself.

I remember buying some cigarettes once and the woman who sold them to me said "they'll give you cancer", to which I replied, "that's the plan." She looked horrified and said I didn't mean it. I spent the next couple of minutes explaining why that's exactly what I meant.

Camo is right in that it sounds as if you could do with some help from someone. If it's available, you should think about trying it. If you do, sadly, I can assure you you'll see you're not alone in feeling that way by any means.

Why did you want cancer, Honeykid? If a strange cashier lady can know, let us!

It's not that I wanted cancer, per se. It's just that then I could die and I wouldn't have taken my own life. I won't leave my mum or sister on their own, so I'm here for as long as they are. Cancer would've given me an out without having let them down.

You shouldn't be taking advice about happiness from a dude that blew his own head off.
I don't talk about Kurt Cobain I talk about the quote because it's a d*mn fact

It's not that I wanted cancer, per se. It's just that then I could die and I wouldn't have taken my own life. I won't leave my mum or sister on their own, so I'm here for as long as they are. Cancer would've given me an out without having let them down.
This describes exactly how I felt for most of my teenage years. It was not so much about hating myself. I mean I did hate myself but it was more about the fact that as a teenager I was very liberal but grew up in an extremely conservative environment. So I always thought there was either something wrong with me or that I was stuck in a place I would never be able to get out of.

I never hear about your father, honeykid. I assume he's not around.

Yes. I want to clone myself and get married to my clone, I want to make love to my clone and I want to have kids with my clone even though as I'm male we'd both be male so theoretically it wouldn't work.
The last thing we need are clones of you.

Do you love yourself?
Do YOU love yourself?

The last thing we need are clones of you.
Says the person who renamed a thread to 'We love DalekbusterScreen5'.
True.

Do YOU love yourself?
Yes. Even if I may hate some things about me. I'm all I'm guaranteed to have forever while alive. I know myself better than anyone else. If I can love other people, I can love myself.

Originally Posted by Yasashii
I am an error. I'm a hiccup of the system. I should be corrected and ironed out like a bug in the software of the universe.

The problem is I'm way too much of a pussy to off myself. Fingers crossed for cancer, though.
That's... I lack the vocabulary to summarize what I think of that. Just seems like another thing you'll come to regret with time. Cancer is no easy way out, let alone an excuse to take your hands off the wheel.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Goodness. That was some post, Yasashii. Never thought of you like that before. I thought you seemed whiny, but now you sound ten times worse! Very fascinating, though. You too, Omnizoa. You people who hate yourselves are making the most interesting posts in here.
I don't hate myself, I just don't love myself either.

As rough as I've had it I've always understood that, save such extreme situations which I'll likely never face, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem and most of our problems we impose upon ourselves. Even if there were terrible situations we couldn't easily escape otherwise, it's important to balance ourselves. Instead of just thinking about all the things you have to die for, you should think about all the things you have to live for. There's more than most people are ought to give credit.

Originally Posted by honeykid
It's not that I wanted cancer, per se. It's just that then I could die and I wouldn't have taken my own life.
By smoking? Isn't that sort of like walking around caves and flicking quarters in hoping to enrage a bear? If the intent is to die, then the mentality is nothing short of suicidal.

I won't leave my mum or sister on their own, so I'm here for as long as they are.
I'm pretty sure cancer shortens life expectancy.

Cancer would've given me an out without having let them down.
So long as your sister or daughter catching cancer before dying prematurely doesn't let you down.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Speaking of suicide, I guess you can always just do the things you always wanted to do but never did because of wanting to save health, impress someone, or not having the money -- Go max out ALL your credit cards, go take loans (especially student loans) and have a ball.

No one can repossess your experiences.