The Roles They Turned Down.

Tools    

Chevy Chase turned down the role of Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters. I like Chevy and all, but I honestly don't think he would've been very good for that role.
I didn't know that but I don't think that would have worked at all.

Christian Bale was turned down for Jack Dawson in Titanic, because James Cameron didn't want two British actors in the lead roles. He also auditioned for the role of Robin in Batman Forever.

I have to return some videotapes...
Leo turned down Spiderman when James Cameron asked him to play his version of the character in the script he wrote way back in 2000.

Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving were considered for the role of Kylo Ren.
I think they definitely went with the right actor. Actually I see a lot of plaudits for Boyega and Ridley (that famous comedy double act), who from what I've seen are both great, but nothing much for Adam Driver.

Leonardo DiCaprio turned down the role of Anakin Skywalker in the prequel trilogy, Paul Walker, Joshua Jackson, Christian Bale, and Ryan Philippe auditioned for Anakin, Michael Jackson lobbied hard for Jar Jar Binks, and Benicio Del Toro was set to play Darth Maul.

Christian Bale was turned down for Jack Dawson in Titanic, because James Cameron didn't want two British actors in the lead roles. He also auditioned for the role of Robin in Batman Forever.
That's weird because Winslet pretty much buried her accent for the film and Bale has buried his for just about every movie he's done, I only learned about six months ago that Bale was English.

Elizabeth Olsen, Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley were considered for Rey.
Ridley I think will proven too be best choice. Daisy also could be very big and Jennifer and Woodley end up type cast. Olsen doesnt need Star Wars she is in the Marvel Universe.

Ridley I think will proven too be best choice. Daisy also could be very big and Jennifer and Woodley end up type cast. Olsen doesnt need Star Wars she is in the Marvel Universe.
Loved Shailene Woodley in The Descendents.

Loved Shailene Woodley in The Descendents.
I think Woodley would have been great as MJ its just too Bad Web was not given another chance too improve or finish Amazing Spiderman saga.

Harrison Ford turned down the role of Dallas in Alien and James Remar was the original actor for Corporal Hicks in Aliens. Stephen Lang auditioned for either Hicks or Burke.

When Sylvester Stallone was shopping around the script to Rocky, actors like Burt Reynolds, Robert Redford, Gene Hackman, and Ryan O'Neal were considered for the part of the Italian Stallion.

Speaking of Rocky, Bette Midler turned down the role of Adrian, and Susan Sarandon tested for the part.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Madness is the emergency exit…
After seeing his performance in Cloud Atlas (2012), the studio wanted Tom Hanks to portray Lex Luthor in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016).
Before Jesse Eisenberg was cast as Lex Luthor, Matt Damon, Bradley Cooper, Joaquin Phoenix, Adam Driver and Jean Dujardin were in the Warner Bros's list to play the part and Timothy Dalton was considered for the role of Alfred J. Pennyworth.
Scott Adkins auditioned for the role of Batman before Ben Affleck was cast. When asked in an interview why he wasn't chosen, Adkins wryly responded "Look, Ben Affleck was always going to have the part, all right? He's got Oscars."

Nicolas Case and Tom Cruise were interested in playing Iron Man. Cruise in particular was going to act in and produce the film. Moreover, according to Jon Favreau, Clive Owen and Sam Rockwell are among the actors that were considered for Tony Stark during pre-production.

Marilyn Manson, Christopher Eccleston, Ewan McGregor and Jeremy Davies were considered for the role of Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow in Batman Begins (2005), even Anthony Hopkins was offered the role of Alfred but declined.
Viggo Mortensen turned down Liam Neeson's role. Daniel Day-Lewis was also approached for Ra's Al Ghul.
Laurence Fishburne was considered for the role of Lucius Fox.
Before Christian Bale, David Boreanaz was the original choice for the role of Bruce Wayne. Josh Hartnett turned down the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Even Cillian Murphy, Eion Bailey & Henry Cavill auditioned for the role also. Keanu Reeves was also considered for the role of Batman and even expressed interest in the press when the project was in development.

Leonardo DiCaprio considered for the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man for Spider-Man (2002).
Before Williem Dafoe received the role of the Green Goblin/Norman Osborne, Nicolas Cage, John Malcovich, Bill Paxton, Josh Hartnett, John Travolta, and Robert Di Nero were offered the role. The role was originally intended to be played by Billy Crudup who even dropped out of other projects to act in this film, but he was considered too young to play the part of Norman Osborn and was declined the role. Many other actors, including De Niro and Travolta, turned down the role. The final actor in line to play Norman was Bill Paxton, but Sam Raimi was finally convinced that Dafoe was right for the part after a few meetings.

Source: IMDB trivia.