Welcome, mark_f!

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I hope this is the right place to post an Intro, but it's starting to seem like maybe it's not.

Hi, everybody! I'm a movie nut who hangs at a few other sites. Well, today, I broke down and posted here. Now, it's not like I'm a snob or anything. I usually find myself too busy to go to new forums, but I already know some of the people here from another forum, so I just went for it.

I'm OLDE! That "E" should be a giveaway. One benefit olde people have is that they were sometimes exposed to movies long ago which are not readily available, even to this day. On the debit side of that equation, it also means that, yeah, I've seen movies that aren't on DVD, but often I saw them edited on TV or even at the theatre, since '60s and '70s foreign films were regularly released here in the U.S. in butchered forms.

Anyway, I hope to make some new friends and get in some lively, yet friendly debates about movies and whatever else you guys discuss here, which I imagine to be everything. If I seem to disappear for awhile, just send me a PM or something because I do want to find even more comrades in film.

mark

Thanks a lot, MM (nebbit!) You're fave movie is one of my wife's faves, and we both have soft spots for Some Like It Hot, Ruthless People and North by Northwest. I'm planning on contributing; I just hope that I don't rehash too many old threads. You've got an enormous database.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Welcome, Marky-Mark.

Pay no attention to that thread of mine.

In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret...everyone sees their own name

That's the trick. It's a software code you use so people think you're talking about them.

Hey, thanks for that. I have a post from you in my personal space although it's not a PM. I haven't quite figured out how you did that, but I appreciate any and all help. Do you know me? Just wondering. Certain people call me Marky Mark, but I guess that goes with the territory. Ha!

Hi there and welcome to MoFo.... glad you decided to join in...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Not sure if you know me or not... of if I even know you... but for some reason, I was very tempted to say "welcome back" instead of just "welcome".... so perhaps I should ask you if you've been here before?

No, I don't believe so. Holden gave me a link long ago, but I'm pretty sure I never used it. Even so, thanks for the warmth, especially from what seems like the real deal.

Howd-a-lee Dood-a-lee, Mark!

Yes, Mark is an old compadre from another (now essentially defunct) movie-related board. He's good people, and he's probably seen at least as many movies as me, if not more...yet we also have very distinctive tastes, you'll find. Lots of overlap for the love on many classics, sure, but also some very sharp (and friendly) differences.

Glad to see you finally checked MoFo out, and maybe you'll hang around for a while? Hope you and the family are all doing well, and I'll be talking to you soon!

"Yeah, definitely, definitely good to see you. Uh-oh: of
course I'm not wearing underwear."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yes, Mark is an old compadre from another (now essentially defunct) movie-related board.
This would explain why my video-clip PM went unanswered. I was seriously taking that personal.

Welcome aboard Mark F.

*Goes to watch Commando*

Welcome to MoFo, Mark. Glad to have you. I think you'll dig it here.

By the by, I moved your posts (and all resulting replies) off into their own intro thread. Hope ya' don't mind.

See ya' around the boards.