Barbara Rush passes to the 'great theater' at age 97

Tools    

One of Hollywood's long time actresses and one of my personal favorites Barbara Rush, has died at age 97.

She has 114 acting credits spanning from 1950 to 2017...A long career indeed! She's known for two 1950s sci fi classics: When Worlds Collide (1951) and It Came From Outer Space (1953). She also co-starred in the Nicholas Ray film Bigger Than Life (1956) and had a supporting role in the Douglas Sirk film Magnificent Obsession (1954) as well as appearing with Marlon Brando in The Young Lions (1958).

I first seen her in the old The Outer Limits episode The Form of Things Unknown (1964). I instantly became a fan of hers.

One of Hollywood's great beauties and, IMO, an underrated actress. I loved her in Robin and the Seven Hoods, Come Blow Your Horn, Oh Men! Oh Women!, and No Down Payment. RIP.

Barbara Rush was such a beauty and fine actress. I first saw her in It Came From Outer Space and thought she was one of the prettiest women I'd ever seen. I saw her in Robin and the 7 Hoods, When Worlds Collide, Hombre, Superdad, and a couple of TV-movies, The Eyes of Charles Sand (she played a great psycho in this) and Moon of the Wofl and numerous Televsion programs. Godspeed, Barbara.