Good Serbo-croatian movies

Tools    

Di je Karlo?
What could we show to a foreigner to prove we can make great movies? Even our best movies feel like ripoffs of superior american, italian or english movies.

I've found 5 great movies in my language so far (H-8, a wonderful night in Split, Metastaze, Black Cat White Cat, and No Man's Land), with some decent-to-good ones here and there (Vis-á-Vis, ZG80), but most of them have the problem of only being entertaining if you care about politics. I haven't seen any of the 50s, 60s and 70s movies yet, though I assume those might be much better.
I also tried to watch A Serbian Movie, but the dialogue was so terrible I couldn't even get to the sick parts.

Update: I also saw Underground, and it's a 10/10.

Black Cat White Cat
I saw Black Cat, White Cat many years ago. It seemed quite eccentric but it was just interesting to see a film from that region. The only other one I've seen, perhaps a bit more accessible, is When Father Was Away on Business (1985).

Di je Karlo?
I saw Black Cat, White Cat many years ago. It seemed quite eccentric but it was just interesting to see a film from that region. The only other one I've seen, perhaps a bit more accessible, is When Father Was Away on Business (1985).
Emir Kusturica is an amazing director. I saw Underground last night and it's the best movie from ex-yugoslavia, and our only 10/10 as far as I know.

The trick is not minding
The Ninth Circle (1960)
Three (1966)
I even met Happy Gypsies (1967)
Battle of Neretva (1969)
When Father was away from Business (1985)
No Man’s Land (2001)
I found these doing a quick search of academy award nominees/winners for best foreign film. You can look up each director for further films.
All Serbian-Croation nominees