Hockey Talk: NHL Thread and stuff

Tools    

I've been burned far too many times with this team. I still think Tampa will win this series.

No doubt, it is in their DNA

But my gut is that they win on Thursday.

And yes, I will regret saying this. Because the curse of Harold Ballard is probably very real and it is just allowing me a little light before the whole thing comes crashing down on my head.

Of course they are going to lose. Will likely blow a four goal lead in each of the next three games, just to make it extra tasty.

The trick is not minding
Even if they get past Tampa (I think they will), they have to face a determined Boston team fighting against history.

So maybe, just maybe, this is their chance? Mathews is a bonafide star

I wonder if the Kraken can actually pull this off...Makar suspended for Game 5 now....

Even if they get past Tampa (I think they will), they have to face a determined Boston team fighting against history.

So maybe, just maybe, this is their chance? Mathews is a bonafide star

Both Matthew and Marner, not to mention Tavares (even though he seems to be on the decline) are bonafides. And they have a number of great secondary players, who could be primary players on lots of other teams. And they have a decent defence corp this year.

But they have consistently demonstrated an inconsistency as a team. They work together very spottily. When they can get 60 consecutive minutes together, I think they can beat any time, including Boston.

But Boston works incredibly well as a team. And they probably have just as much talent and depth. They are a juggernaut and I sincerely doubt Leafs have much of a chance to beat them, when the only way that happens is if the Leafs can work as a unit that is firing on all cylinders for an entire series.....and they've never demonstated they can do this.

Basically, they are only getting past Boston with a lot of luck (like the Bruins goaltending collapsing, or the refs completely ****ing them, lots of bad bounces or something that is going to be completely independant from the Leafs)

The trick is not minding
Both Matthew and Marner, not to mention Tavares (even though he seems to be on the decline) are bonafides. And they have a number of great secondary players, who could be primary players on lots of other teams. And they have a decent defence corp this year.

But they have consistently demonstrated an inconsistency as a team. They work together very spottily. When they can get 60 consecutive minutes together, I think they can beat any time, including Boston.

But Boston works incredibly well as a team. And they probably have just as much talent and depth. They are a juggernaut and I sincerely doubt Leafs have much of a chance to beat them, when the only way that happens is if the Leafs can work as a unit that is firing on all cylinders for an entire series.....and they've never demonstated they can do this.

Basically, they are only getting past Boston with a lot of luck (like the Bruins goaltending collapsing, or the refs completely ****ing them, lots of bad bounces or something that is going to be completely independant from the Leafs)
Yeah, they seem very much like a team that’s a year or so away from putting it all together. Like the Lightning, who consistently under performed in the playoffs until the 2020’s hit. They seem very much like a team capable of upset ting the Bruins, but we’ll see how they close out Tampa.

Islanders keeping things interesting!

What is so pathetic about Toronto? haha just reads as a harsh word

VGK first to move on

I think another 2 close out tonight...

Heavyweight game 7s tonight

Im a little worried as a VGK fan for the next round against Edmonton, but the Oilers definitely looked shaky enough at times against LA to fall

The trick is not minding
Boston eliminated. This opens up a nice path for Toronto to make the Conference finals at least. They should be the favorite to win their second round series.

Oh boy, hockey playoffs are definitely a different breed.

Home teams struggling in elimination games this year...

The trick is not minding
Toronto vs Vegas?
Carolina vs Dallas?
Or maybe an all Canadian Final with Toronto vs Edmonton?
This season’s playoffs are so unpredictable!

All I know for sure is Boston won’t be living this down anytime soon, from Record wins in a season to blowing a 3-1 series lead. Epic choke job.

All I know is Toronto is apparently now the favorites, so I'd like to know what schmucks are putting money down on them for no return?

They technically can beat any of these teams, the only one they couldn't was Boston, buuuuuuut.....