How to make a script for good film?

Tools    

Movie Forums Extra
A film is becoming good or bad accordingly to the script. If you get success in making a good script then can definitely say that you are succeed in the first stage of film making. A good and quality films are developed actually by the true effort of the entire team.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
A good and quality films are developed actually by the true effort of the entire team.
To an extent, yes, I would agree, although I would be careful with your presupposition since it is rather generalised. I can think of a few films where, if you read the script beforehand, you would assume the finished work would be mediocre at best. Sometimes you can just get an extremely talented visual filmmaker who can transform a rather uninspired script into a fairly accomplished work. One such example of this would be John Carpenter's Halloween. You read that film on paper - especially now - and it would feel like nothing more than a conventional, cliched horror piece. But Carpenter brought a tremendous visual fluidity to the film and gave it a whole new dimension.

One could even apply the same for Alien. I certainly do not think it is a badly written film at all, but had you given the script to a B-grade director, the final product would have been precisely that. Th

Screenwriting is important and an integral facet of the filmmaking process since you are fundamentally giving origin to narrative and character, but most of the work gets done on the set and it is not impossible to make a perfectly solid - sometimes even fantastic - film if you have a flawed script. That is my contention, anyway.

However, and it must be noted, there are times where a script of a film is so problematic - so full of error and inconsistency - that no amount of visual craftsmanship can obscure its obvious defects (hi Ridley and Prometheus).

To an extent, yes, I would agree, although I would be careful with your presupposition since it is rather generalised. I can think of a few films where, if you read the script beforehand, you would assume the finished work would be mediocre at best. Sometimes you can just get an extremely talented visual filmmaker who can transform a rather uninspired script into a fairly accomplished work. One such example of this would be John Carpenter's Halloween. You read that film on paper - especially now - and it would feel like nothing more than a conventional, cliched horror piece. But Carpenter brought a tremendous visual fluidity to the film and gave it a whole new dimension.

One could even apply the same for Alien. I certainly do not think it is a badly written film at all, but had you given the script to a B-grade director, the final product would have been precisely that. Th

Screenwriting is important and an integral facet of the filmmaking process since you are fundamentally giving origin to narrative and character, but most of the work gets done on the set and it is not impossible to make a perfectly solid - sometimes even fantastic - film if you have a flawed script. That is my contention, anyway.

However, and it must be noted, there are times where a script of a film is so problematic - so full of error and inconsistency - that no amount of visual craftsmanship can obscure its obvious defects (hi Ridley and Prometheus).
Great post.

I would say the opposite is also is true - a film can have a well written script, but if it's not executed properly by the director/actors, the film will fall short.

I don't actually wear pants.
Come up with a good story, and then write good dialogue and movement, and then pray.

The thing is, script-writing is subjective to no end, and there will always be some people, majority or minority, that dislike your script. It is going to happen no matter what. I suggest, when that happens, you either focus on the praisers, or ask the dissenters why they disliked your script. Then, you will learn, and go from there.

From where do you hail?

Master of My Domain
Characters first, plot later. If you have compelling characters the story will write itself.

Think out of the box that won't give the readers a predictable conclusion before the script ends