They won me over

Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I'm a jaded romantic I guess. I liked Cage best in Moonstruck.

What was that line that gave me the grins?

Scrape the meat from my bones? Something like that.

Re: Nicole Kidman...she's won me over as a Red Carpet Goddess (I love her style) and standing next to and by her man Keith
Well she hasn't won me over yet as for standing by her man I just see that as what you do when you are married i am sick of magazines etc going on about that, millions of people stand by there partner, thats what we promise in the marriage ceremony, "for better or worse" so I don't see that as something special and to admire her for

Put me in your pocket...
I've like Mark Wahlberg since Boogie Nights but I can't say I'm thrilled with the projects he tends to pick.
In what way aren't you thrilled. In the roles Mark's chosen or the films?

I thought she did a great job in The Others and Moulin Rouge. There are other movies I liked what she did in but I can't think of them right now. My biggest irritation with her as an actress is the breathy way she sighs and sometimes speaks.
We all have our likes and dislikes...and she obviously won you over, so that's cool.

Well she hasn't won me over yet
I had a strange feeling about that.~.
There are other actors/actressses I have that strong a feeling about too.

as for standing by her man I just see that as what you do when you are married i am sick of magazines etc going on about that, millions of people stand by there partner, thats what we promise in the marriage ceremony, "for better or worse" so I don't see that as something special and to admire her for
Exactly. I didn't mean I thought she was 'special' for standing by her partner, but I do think it brought her down from that perfect red carpet pedistal image and made her seem more approachable, warm and human...like the rest of us having to go through 'the worse' and getting through it.

Of course, fortunately....
...I haven't seen that many magazines saturated with their story, so I can see where you'd be sick of seeing it/them. Heck...I've been sick of seeing the magaziness over-kill the celebrity party darlings and a few couples this past year and wonder if all that media attention hurts them more than helps them.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Mark has picked some highly violent but low on story, type of movies. I can watch them but they just aren't my thing.

I watch from the POV of the story. I must be invested in at least one character. Any movie that has no characters I actually can like or has too little story isn't going to hit a home run for me.

I do think, based on a picture I saw, that he was bound naked and possibly tortured in a movie. Does anyone know what that movie title was? The shot I saw was both hot and intriguing so I'm curious.

I enjoy many of Mark Wahlberg's movies.

Fear (1996)
Boogie Nights (1997)
Three Kings (1999)
The Perfect Storm (2000)
Planet of the Apes (2001)
The Italian Job (2003)
Four Brothers (2005)
Invincible (2006)
The Departed (2006)
Shooter (2007)