The Price of Fame

Tools    

I recently saw a program on Australian television which I think was called 'the price of fame'. It basically was about celebrities finally snapping after being relentlessly pursued by paparazzi's with video cameras. On top of that the cameraman or woman, were smarta$$es, arrogant and damn annoying which even got to me just listening to how they tried to get a reaction from the celebrities. ( no doubt they prefer them to lash out, would be worth more) Most of the camera people appeared to be idiots(sorry for the lack of better words). They were always trying to provoke the celebrity to become violent so they could get it on tape.

I know its fun to see celebrities go nuts but I placed myself in their position and I know I would have hurt somebody as Im sure many celebrities wanted to do but if the were to hurt somebody they would no doubt get sued, even though they were provoked.

Im not trying to to make you feel sympathy towards celebrities, its just I dont like how these pests make their living by bothering people relentlessly.I know a couple of people who are smarta$$es, arrogant and annoying and they always get on my nerves sometimes I even lash out (not physically, verbally).

So do you think that Im making to big of a deal about this and that its fine what these paparazzies do or that you think what these people do is not right.

I.......uh.....dont know......uh.........what your talking.........about.

hehehe

The thing I have wondered about is why is it that only a small percentage of celebrities get followed around and the majority don't? It always seems to be the same group of people that are talked about and pictures taken of. Do they put themselves out there for publicity? How does the majority of celebrities avoid it?

Originally posted by Jenna
The thing I have wondered about is why is it that only a small percentage of celebrities get followed around and the majority don't? It always seems to be the same group of people that are talked about and pictures taken of. Do they put themselves out there for publicity? How does the majority of celebrities avoid it?
I think it depends on how popular the celebrity is at the time and those that are not seen often in magazines or caught on tape are those that people do not have much interest in or those who are good at hiding.

I think the majority of celebrities bring it on themselves in the beginning for self-promotion but then get tired of never being able to go anywhere in peace… what a life… all I can say is they can have it… just give me the money…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

what Caitlyn said........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

i think the title of your thread says it all....its the price of fame!!

and i don't believe in "provocation"....if they can't handle being in the limelight, they should get out of it, not whinge about it...being in the public eye is their job (a well paid one at that)...they can afford personal trainers/hairdressers/stylists/chefs/publists they can sure as hell afford therapists (or a dalai lama book)

but just like Jenna said, how come some celebrities don't get picked on (eg, Mel Gibson, Tommy Lee Jones)?? you've gotta think that the ones that do get picked on ask for it (eg, madonna-sex book, russell crowe-fist fights)

/two cents

Get off my island
Originally posted by n7of9
i think the title of your thread says it all....its the price of fame!!

and i don't believe in "provocation"....if they can't handle being in the limelight, they should get out of it, not whinge about it...being in the public eye is their job (a well paid one at that)...they can afford personal trainers/hairdressers/stylists/chefs/publists they can sure as hell afford therapists (or a dalai lama book)

but just like Jenna said, how come some celebrities don't get picked on (eg, Mel Gibson, Tommy Lee Jones)?? you've gotta think that the ones that do get picked on ask for it (eg, madonna-sex book, russell crowe-fist fights)

/two cents
I'd agree with that, but for tabloids to start fabricating stories about David Beckham moving to Real/Inter/Milan/Barca/Arse/Juve/etc./etc. just because he was left on the bench for two matches in which the tactics were thought not to suit his style of play is utterly ridiculous and uncalled for, especially as no has said anything before about anything relating to this matter

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!