Battle of Blockbuster Movies

Tools    

Lotr

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I'm gonna vote metropolis.

Let me make a suggestion here. Since movies are often only as good as the time they're made in and movies can be the best in a certain aspect, i propose a different kind of vote. This was a good shot but it's far too rediculous to successfully execute for many reasons. Here's what i would do host. I would do this myself but i Haven't the pictures nor know how to post them to open my own and i think this is more up your alley anyway. You should have contenders for every genere of movies. And i don't necessarily mean drama, action, sci-fi. You could do one that just relies on the one part of the film it was trying to do the best in all generes. Example: The Best acting performance in a sci-fi vrs. the best story line movie in Sci-Fi vs. The best effects for a sci-fi (must be groundbreaking and significant for the time) vs. The best character in a sci-fi. The winners of all these different aspects would compete for the title of the best all around sci-fi movie in the genere.
You can do this for all the generes adding a couple different aspects depending upon the genere and after the votes have decided which are all the best movies in their genere, you can then finally vote and pick the winner for the title of the best movie of all time. That's the way i would do it. It's much fairer and more structured. Also, a little bias sway isn't a bad thing because sometimes the voters really aren't there so sometimes it's just best to pick the one that should win, listening to the voters ofcourse. Ofcourse, you can't do that for the final round.

That's my two cents.
i see, well my first thread i made was battle of war movies, it faired well. but i dont want to complicate things here. this is fine. It is also a good amount of constructing to make that. this is fine, vote and support thats all i can say. i also suggest if you any reccomendations you ALL can pm them to me.

My vote Metropolis i will update tmrw

the end has come for ROTK, and it was beaten by a grandfather of cinema

NEXT BATTLE:
METROPOLIS ( 1 WIN)

VS.

new contender
12 MONKEYS

It's going to take something extraordinary for me to vote against Metropolis.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
It's going to take something extraordinary for me to vote against Metropolis.

we shall find out then

i vote Metropolis

You ready? You look ready.
Damn! Well, I'm out of this thread for a while.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by John McClane
Damn! Well, I'm out of this thread for a while.
Go find a copy of Metropolis, that is, if you haven't seen it.

Metropolis, although I do greatly love 12 Monkeys.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Go find a copy of Metropolis, that is, if you haven't seen it.
I haven't but, I can't seem to find one locally.

12 Monkeys
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

We need more votes you all, please vote for either metropolis or 12 monkeys!!!!

I must become Caligari..!
Hmmmmm, A hard one... But, 12 Monkeys
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I ate all your bees.
12 Monkey's.

12 Monkeys.

12 Monkeys for me as well. I love Terry Gilliam's stuff.
And found he was eating his shoe.

WHAT a upset!, 12 Monkeys knowck out Metropolis! 6-4

NEXT BATTLE:
12 MONKEYS ( 1 WIN)

VS.

new contender
ALMOST FAMOUS

Originally Posted by John McClane
I vote 12 Monkeys. I do like that DVD case for Almost Famous though.

same here i vote 12 monkeys but thet dvd case is something eh!