Worst Lead Role Casting Decision

Tools    

I read somewhere before that when the first The Godfather movie came out, people who read the book, thought the movie was a lot better and a huge improvement, if that's true.
No doubt the book is fine, but the movie is a masterpiece so, there’s that.

Quiz: name the 3 obstacles Coppola faced when he gave Pacino his rôle.

Victim of The Night

You mean like the fact that the studio didn't want Pacino in the role?

You mean like the fact that the studio didn't want Pacino in the role?
No.

When Pacino got the rôle three difficulties were presented to Coppola, all of which he had to work around.

I read somewhere before that when the first The Godfather movie came out, people who read the book, thought the movie was a lot better and a huge improvement, if that's true.

I don't agree with that, being a massive Puzo fan (though I rate his Fortunate Pilgrim and The Dark Arena above Godfather), but I can see why some readers would say that.

WARNING: spoilers below

There's a detailed subplot about Lucy Mancini (Sonny's mistress) who is shipped to Vegas by Hagen in the book and her inability to enjoy sex with men who are not as blessed as Sonny (size), and her new love interest.

Anyways, I can see a lot of people being tired by that and few other extra bits that have no connection to the main story.

EDIT: Added spoilers.

Cameron Diaz as Jenny Everdeane in Gangs of New York

Scarlett Johansson in Ghost in the Shell

Hayden Christensen in Star Wars: Episode II and III

Ben Affleck in Daredevil

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Pacino couldn't drive, speak Sicilian, and was too short?

There's a detailed subplot about Lucy Mancini (Sonny's mistress) who is shipped to Vegas by Hagen in the book and her inability to enjoy sex with men who are not as blessed as Sonny (size), and her new love interest.
That's a part of the book that stuck with me all these years later. Her having some kind reconstructive surgery and then the doctor taking it out for a spin. All very superfluous and vaguely lurid.

That's a part of the book that stuck with me all these years later. Her having some kind reconstructive surgery and then the doctor taking it out for a spin. All very superfluous and vaguely lurid.

Maybe that's Puzo's inner man getting just a bit carried away. At least that's how I felt. He has done that in his other mafia books when describing sex.

Don't forget eventually appearing in a movie where he lusts after Adam Sandler in drag. I know that takes place in the future but that level of egregious sh*t isn't shackled by the laws of physics.

Welcome to the human race...
Don't forget eventually appearing in a movie where he lusts after Adam Sandler in drag. I know that takes place in the future but that level of egregious sh*t isn't shackled by the laws of physics.
Or the universe is so absurd that it made his career full of iconic roles and quotes possible just so there could be so much material to reference in his Dunkin' Donuts ad.

Almost there. He couldn’t drive, he couldn’t dance & he spoke no Italian.

Almost there. He couldn’t drive, he couldn’t dance & he spoke no Italian.
I think the he was too short one was a joke

any movie with Emma Stone lol