Identification of 80's Australian desert film: lone man fleeing escapes in plane

Tools    

Hi all.
I am looking for an Australian film for quite some time - right down to sifting thru Australian movie release databases to no avail.

The film opens with a lone 'Mad Max' style man on the run from an unseen pursuer. He arrives at a house in the middle of nowhere to meet one other. The host explains that the house is located in a horseshoe shaped canyon with no way out other than the way he came in, which of course would lead him right back into the arms of his enemy.

The host produces an aeroplane and one or two of them fly to safety.

The soundtrack is amazing. I used to have it on cassette and would love to find it again.

Many thanx,

Zz

Elements of your description (ace soundtrack, lone man on run finds his way to remote house in canyon with only one road out) sound a bit like The Chain Reaction aka Nuclear Run but other parts you mention don't match.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080513/?ref_=sr_1

I bought the German dvd recently. The film stars Steve Bisley aka the Goose from Mad Max, and features a brief cameo from Mel Gibson (who has one line as a bearded mechanic), not to mention Hugh Keays-Byrne aka the Toecutter as a secret agent type.

No, that's not it. There are only the two actors in this one, as I recall. No other buildings. The budget must have been enormous! (not, lol)

i thought it could be Slipstream (1989) but Country(United Kingdom) and not only two actors..

No - Slipstream starring Mark Hamil post starwars? Following my failure to find any clue on the listing of Australian film releases, I am willing to concede memory on the production country may be out...