Toy Story 3

Tools    

New Vintage Commercial For ‘Toy Story 3′

The ingenious folks over at Pixar continue to build up anticipation for their new computer-animated sequel, Toy Story 3, with the release of a fake vintage commercial (circa 1983) for Lots-O’-Huggin’-Bear, one of the new toy characters that will appear in the film.

Lots-O’-Huggin’-Bear (voiced by Ned Beatty) is the head (toy) honcho at Sunnyside Day Care Center, the new home of Woody, Buzz, and the rest of Andy’s old toys in Toy Story 3. Similarly, he himself has been a long-time beloved plaything for many a young child who’s passed through the doors of the school.

Just check out this “classic” commercial for the cuddly toy bear and see for yourselves:

This new bit of advertising from Pixar is in the same vein as their recent “adult” Toy Story 3 commercials in that they both reference/parody real-life advertisements that older moviegoers are more than a bit familiar with -- the VCR-related static here is an especially fun touch -- while still offering some entertainment value for younger viewers as well.

Of course, anyone who’s seen the second Toy Story 3 trailer knows that -- despite their outwardly friendly appearance -- the other toys of Sunnyside are less innocent than they appear at first glance. Will Lots-O’-Huggin’-Bear turn out to be a dastardly antagonist, a la Stinky Pete from Toy Story 2?

The countdown continues as we wait for Toy Story 3 to arrive in regular and 3D theaters in the U.S. on June 18, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My son is looking forward to seeing this in the cinema

Haha - love that commercial for Lotso bear! Very clever. Release date is getting closer - really can't wait!

You ready? You look ready.
I already have my "free" tickets, but I don't know which day I will go, though.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I NEED to see this movie!

12 days!!! It opens next Friday - already! I'm so ready to see it.

By the way, I am loving these videos that Pixar are putting out....That "Groovin' with Ken" one is hilarious. Gotta love Michael Keaton!

Toy Story 3 ‘Ken’s Dating Tips’ Videos

The marketing campaign for Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 3 has unveiled yet another ingenious series of promos for the film, with plastic man Ken revealing some of his most treasured dating secrets to anyone who cares to listen.

Michael Keaton’s voicework as Ken matches the character’s charmingly shallow mannerisms and fashion sense perfectly, and he continues to look like the most entertaining of the new characters in Toy Story 3. Keaton has long been adored by moviegoers for his turns as Batman and Beetlejuice -- the latter of which is a role he’s still interested in reprising -- and it looks as though he has another winner in the new Pixar flick as well.

You can check out all three of the “Ken’s Dating Tips” videos below:

In case you missed it, you should check out the “Groovin’ with Ken” promo from last week as well.

Toy Story 3 arrives in regular, 3D, and IMAX theaters in the U.S. on June 18th, 2010.

Source: Screenrant