Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Also, I'm going to go back on the whole "you'll say this if I stop responding" thing. I'm actually perfectly happy to let this argument die. Only thing I'll have a problem with is letting arguments die when they get into the weeds a little, waiting awhile, and then just repeating the same stuff rather than picking up where things were left.

I'm fine with arguing, or not arguing. I'm just not gonna let people hit the argumentative reset button any time they don't like how it's going.
Fine by me.

When a person or persons makes a comments when Solo was released we took down Solo now onto Kenobi or Episode 9. Purposly wanting to tank a movie you have not even seen or hasnt even been made yet is when your Fandom reveals its had problems and long time and those people need help. I survived the Prequel Backlash but its the same Fandom that finally broke George To Sale.
Now they love George to own Star Wars again. I think all Im asking is people have patience and not every film you can like under a movie company. Not every person likes all the MCU Movies. So not every person needs to love every Star Wars film but it dont mean next films cant be better or even amazing .I mean a couple Bad Apples dont mean the Whole Barrel needs pitched.

Kathleen Kennedy gets a 3 year contract extension.

Good lord!!

Wait for it...…................…...I was wrong.

Guess Lucasfilm just became a non profit organisation

Good lord!!

Last Jedi:
$317m budget
$1.3b profit

I wouldn't call that non-profit.

76 pages now of "But I didn't like it!"

Last Jedi:
$317m budget
$1.3b profit

I wouldn't call that non-profit.

76 pages now of "But I didn't like it!"
What would you call Solo?

It's quite big news really and its been a big discussion point. Not looking to have a big debate about It or reboot this thread..

Good lord!!

You said you'd stop. You said you were going to stop spamming this stuff. I'm going to give you 48 hours to cease all Anti-Disney Posting, and then I'm going to have to make your worst nightmare a reality.

I have no interest in George Lucas, he's a 2 on his best day, but I will meet him, I will charm him, and I will f**k him on the first date. I won't post any of his nudes or sex vids, but I will appear one day in a video with him on Twitter. Your delight will turn to horror as you wonder if the guy in his video is his boyfriend, you'll be able to tell from the embarrassed expressions on his face that they've f**ked, and then with a little nudge he'll tell the audience the guy is in fact his boyfriend. I won't make him say anything disgusting, but he will say a few things that make it abundantly clear we f***ed. I'll make a few "jokes" implying what he likes in bed, and one or two implying we're thinking about having kids. You'll never see him as pure again, every time you look at him you'll think of me f**king him. It will consume you, but this won't be the worst of it.

The relationship will continue for months after this, and then one day out of the blue I'll dump him. I won't say anything overly harsh to him, I'll continue to be the perfect charmer I have been the entire relationship. I'll start publicly dating another person within days, and then it'll happen.

His activity will stop for a while. But, he'll eventually post a new video, and he'll be visibly sad. The joy gone from his eyes.

I don't want to have to do it, but I'm willing to hurt him. I'm willing to hurt him to hurt you. Don't force my hand.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)

Good lord!!

Jaysus. Very disappointing. Incompetentence doesn’t result in losing a job I guess. She should pass on the favour and commission the Ryan Johnson trilogy lol.

Jaysus. Very disappointing. Incompetentence doesn’t result in losing a job I guess. She should pass on the favour and commission the Ryan Johnson trilogy lol.
Nothing would surprise me anymore.

gandalf, the idea of Kathleen Kennedy being an SJW is silly.

A notable reminder that when you see stuff like this:

You have to remember it all comes down to 2, very important words: P.R.

She's a producer, and a figurehead, after-all. Also: all of your favorite Modern Blockbusters have Social Justice messages, PC incorporated culture, and left ideologies throughout--and to a larger extent than The Last Jedi. None of this is new information.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Master of My Domain
Wait, the force has a gender? What is this?!?!!?!!?
Yes, the force is a woman wise old men can manipulate at will.

Also, I'm starting to think the reason fans are spewing out the "subverted expectations" meme, is because they're mindlessly jumping on the bandwagon without context after the Plinkett Review made it popular (who, ironically enough, criticized Johnson for "subverting expectations", without knowing the context as to why RJ did that in the first place.)

I think this plays into a bigger issue at hand: almost nobody in the current wave of fan backlash knows exactly why they dislike the film, so they point out what I just brought up as some sort of vital point to say: "yeah, I gotcha there!" All they know is they didn't like the way Luke was portrayed in-spite of what they wanted the character to be based on apparent childhood preconceptions, they wanted "X' and got "Y" due to J.J's over-hyped "mystery box", and something about purple-haired SJW propaganda. It's a mixed bag; seems like mindless rhetoric thrown into a blender; RedLetterMedia acts the same way (check out their aimless Half In the Bag review if you don't believe me.)

I'm starting to think this film is a lot smarter than I give it credit for.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Also, I'm starting to think the reason fans are spewing out the "subverted expectations" meme, is because they're mindlessly jumping on the bandwagon without context after the Plinkett Review made it popular (who, ironically enough, criticized Johnson for "subverting expectations", without knowing the context as to why RJ did that in the first place.)

I think this plays into a bigger issue at hand: almost nobody in the current wave of fan backlash knows exactly why they dislike the film, so they point out what I just brought up as some sort of vital point to say: "yeah, I gotcha there!" All they know is they didn't like the way Luke was portrayed in-spite of what they wanted the character to be based on apparent childhood preconceptions, they wanted "X' and got "Y" due to J.J's over-hyped "mystery box", and something about purple-haired SJW propaganda. It's a mixed bag; seems like mindless rhetoric thrown into a blender; RedLetterMedia acts the same way (check out their aimless Half In the Bag review if you don't believe me.)

Why does one have to pin point exactly where and why the moment that caused their dislike. I watched the movie as a whole and disliked it...wholly. If you break it up into little things they can be argued to and fro. I would say most people disliked the movie because it was not entertaining enough most likely due to character development, lack of tension and the story. Sure on paper all of those elements may work but the finished product, for some anyway, did not execute well.

People don't have to pinpoint why they don't dislike it, but that is the kind of thing required to argue much about it or attempt to convince others it's bad.

You are throwing logs on a fire that's almost burnt out.

The mocking of the subverting expectations defense was around a long time before Plinketts review.

I actually find that lots of people who hate the film all have quite similar points of complaint and at one time or another have gone into great detail about those specific issues. Not everyone dislikes or likes the same things though. For example I never had a problem with Leia's Mary Poppins moment but that has been a source of derision.

gandalf, the idea of Kathleen Kennedy being an SJW is silly.

A notable reminder that when you see stuff like this:

You have to remember it all comes down to 2, very important words: P.R.

She's a producer, and a figurehead, after-all. Also: all of your favorite Modern Blockbusters have Social Justice messages, PC incorporated culture, and left ideologies throughout--and to a larger extent than The Last Jedi. None of this is new information.

Well she sure ain't a storyteller.

I get in trouble for Bumping this thread but thats what you are doing. Could have a huge debate about this post but it's a bit pointless.

In other news RT appears to have "unfrozen" and is back to the usual 15-20 user reviews per day the majority being poor/mixed scores. Not sure what was happening there or why.