Books you would like to see made into films

Tools    

house of leaves by mark danielewski
remake flowers in the attic by vc andrews

(on a side note, if anyone has read house of leaves-please send me a pm and tell me what the music notes in it mean-ty)
I can't believe someone mentioned VC Andrews. One of my favorites (the original author). I'd also love to see Flowers in the Attic remade. Also was thinking of the sequel, Petals on the Wind, as well ... but the ending in the FITA movie is not consistent with that.

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

With Mysticalunicornfart recently posting his thread on Stephen King's IT, I got thinking about this subject.
So...

BUMP.

For me...

Jurassic Park (full on take of the novel rather than a toned down version of the plot)

It (full on take of the novel rather than a toned down version of the plot)

Tommyknockers (full on take of the novel rather than a toned down version of the plot)

War Of The Worlds (full on take of the novel rather than a toned down version of the plot)

Dean Koontz's Watchers

I'd love to see Dean Koontz's Winter Moon put to camera though. Top book and would make a proper psychological-sc-fi movie.

So... any thoughts?

Semper Fooey
Webster Dictionary

http://covers.booktopia.com.au/97803...n-injuries.jpg

I've seen a report about NFL players (past) suing the association because the brain injuries what a cured when they played. They reckon it's on the the biggest civil sues in history. They weren't told what could happen eventhough the bosses knew what will happen to them.

It sounds like a good Movie: NFL players and the affects with them and family. I don't know who could play a role, though, a few Aussies wouldn't go a stray

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
In the movie questions thread I asked if there was a movie about the French Foreign Legion and there really isn't any except for some old ones and documentaries. I am reading The Naked Soldier again and think that this should 100% be made into a movie.

If you have not read the book than please give it a shot, really good read.

Shantaram

An escaped Australian convict finds refuge in India's underbelly.
A fascinating adventure just waiting to be screened.

In The Shadow Of Altars
It's about a 17 year old guy who decides to become a priest but then he realizes that priesthood is not for him.Then he just starts fighting against himself.Movie should be long,because book takes about 20+ years.

Fascinating read. Bowie has dismissed an authorised biographical movie in the past, his collaboration with Buckley on a screenplay adaptation would produce a great biographical work. Casting and direction would be the only sticking point. Who would be the best choice as Bowie or to direct it? I can't even begin to suggest any.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

Term Limits

Basically takes the motives of the rogue Marines from the Rock and turns up the heat.

On the eve of yet another pork filled budget, 3 career corrupted politicians get assassinated.

The Demands are simple put the interests of the american people above special interest lobbyen or face future fatal consequences.

good read, would make a great movie.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

"Grey Wolf The Escape of Adolf Hitler".

Describing in great detail how Hitler and Eva Braun escaped to Patagonia in Argentina at the end of WW2.

I didnt believe it before I read the book but now I do.

Rodent, you've mentioned Dean Kootz and Winter Moon. That would indeed be a good movie, if done right. And, as a Koontz fan, I'd love to see a really faithful version of Watchers. Would also love a version of Twilight Eyes done. If you haven't read that, try it. It's one of his best, ever. That said, there is a film version of Odd Thomas that has already been made. Not sure of the release date, but Koontz has already seen it and supposedly loves it, so that gives me hope.

By far the movie I want to see filmed (and done right) is Something Wicked This Way Comes (R.I.P. Ray Bradbuy). I felt that they just missed something on the film version. It was a Disney production, so that may be why some things were softened, although there wasn't that much to censor from the book anyway. The scene with tarantulas showing up in the boys' room was meh for me. Ooh, spiders, scary! And they really messed up with the Dust Witch. Pam Grier was still young and hot-looking and I was jazzed about her, but they changed most of her vital moments...like how she traced the boys, and the confrontation between her and Mr. Halloway at the carnival. I still want to see those scenes on screen...I don't care if it's made-for-television as long it's done right. I feel the casting was great...I don't know how they would top Jason Robards as Mr. Halloway and especially Jonathan Pryce as Mr. Dark.

Bradbury himself wrote the screenplay so I wonder why so much was changed? Maybe pressure from Disney? I just can't see that, because as I said above, the things changed were not things that needed censoring. Anyway, I still hope. I'm jazzed by a new It, although when they re-did 'Salem's Lot, they really butchered it (no pun intended). I much prefer the older SL with David Soul, even if the main vampire was changed. It's still moodier and more fun.

Odd Thomas is one of those that never caught my eye before. The film will be interesting to see.

There's a load of good ideas there, that Vince Flynn Term Limits mentioned by DexterRiley would make a good film.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Odd Thomas is one of those that never caught my eye before. The film will be interesting to see.

There's a load of good ideas there, that Vince Flynn Term Limits mentioned by DexterRiley would make a good film.
I'm sort of dreading that film. There's so many aspects in Odd Thomas that could appear silly or goofy on screen. For example, Elvis being Odd's companion was one of my favourite things in the book but on screen it might come across as ridiculous.

You bring up a great point about whether Elvis will appear in the movie or not. A look at the character list on IMDB does not show his character, so maybe he will not be in it. That's not always a distinct indication that a character won't appear. I don't know. I'm not sure if I will miss him or not...I agree that he was great as Odd's ghostly friend but his was a non-speaking role and he showed up at intermittent times. He did provide light moments amongst the heaviness of the story but I agree---I just don't know how that would play on the screen without seeming silly or taking people out of the story.