Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You're lucky I like you too, but I would still neg rep you whenever I wanted to.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Boogie Nights is trash. I'm lowering my score of the movie to
and I'll be getting rid of my DVD. I've done some thinking and I've decided the movie does nothing for me.

The funny thing is the gay character -- played by Philip Seymour Hoffman -- is much more ridiculous and offensive than Mannequin's Hollywood Montrose, since PSH's Scotty character acts like he's mentally retarded or something -- and has no sex life, no partner, no nothing. He just flounders along acting stupid.

Disgusting movie. Overlong, overrated, bloated, boring, obsolete. A piece of nasty, old meat slathered and smothered with '70s and '80s disco and rock music to make it appear edible. Only dull kiss-asses would praise that thing.
That's your problem. Don't worry, though - Admin will ignore your denigration of those of us who enjoyed it. No doubt I'll be getting another condescending PM warning me to watch my language while shrugging off your insipid insulting posting style cuz you're the fabulous Sexy Celebrity, a real wild card larger-than-life cyberhero whose personality is just too BIG to be contained by any mere guidelines of civility.

I know, I know. I should overlook you... because you're Sexy Celebrity. And Sexy Celebrity is the KING of personality and refuses to be an oppressed minority or bow down to Yoda's wrist slaps.

That's your problem. Don't worry, though - Admin will ignore your denigration of those of us who enjoyed it. No doubt I'll be getting another condescending PM warning me to watch my language while shrugging off your insipid insulting posting style cuz you're the fabulous Sexy Celebrity, a real wild card larger-than-life cyberhero whose personality is just too BIG to be contained by any mere guidelines of civility.

I know, I know. I should overlook you... because you're Sexy Celebrity. And Sexy Celebrity is the KING of personality and refuses to be an oppressed minority or bow down to Yoda's wrist slaps.
They are condescending PMs, aren't they?

Unregistered User

Bridge on the River Kwai -
+

Brilliant performances and an oustanding (anti?) war movie.

V/H/S/2

Better than i was expecting. Its not a great movie in the slightest but its mindless entertainment.

Paperhouse

Really did'nt enjoy this. Thought the acting was was poor and overall was borderline boring

The Shootist:

Godzilla:

Since joining this forum, most of my posts have been in this thread. However, for those who haven't noticed, I've created my own thread to record my write-ups/reviews on the films I watch. This is me shamelessly promoting myself. The link is in my signature.

I just posted a Godzilla-sized review for Godzilla, if anyone's interested. Anyone who reads and reps it gets a telepathic hug from yours truly.

The Conformist 1970
Masterpiece! 10/10

Italo: A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Marcello: At Piazza Venice.

Italo: He likes people similar to himself and does not trust those who are different. That's why a normal man is a true brother, a true citizen, a true patriot...

Marcello: A true fascist.

They are condescending PMs, aren't they?
Yup. And that's what they should be in response to the kinds of things that prompt them.

This is the first I'm seeing any of this, so the next time either of you has a problem with something someone says, report it, rather than assuming it's been seen and it's being ignored to slight you, or whatever you imagine is happening.

Well, I could just leave again. I'm here minding my own business, not trying to fight with anyone, and now I've got people trying to be condescending towards me and others picking fights with me. Look at what happens when you don't like Boogie Nights.

I'm okay with you not liking Boogie Nights, but I don't like being called a dull kiss-ass, even if that's what I am.

I didn't necessarily mean to say that everybody who liked Boogie Nights here was a dull kiss-ass.

Only dull kiss-asses would praise that thing.
Hmmm. Doesn't seem to be qualified or limited in any way. When what you mean is different than what you say, it's on you.

Ruh-roh, that came out a little condescending.

How about people who think Boogie Nights is well above average but not one of PTAs three best.
Morons!

How about people who think Boogie Nights is well above average but not one of PTAs three best.
Well, like I said, not everybody here is a dull kiss-ass.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
It all depends on what you think are his three best.

(hint: if you don't have Boogie Nights in there then Punch-Drunk Love must be. )