Due to Hurricane Katrina…

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Equilibrium
what does tacitus have anything to do with this?
Originally Posted by blibby
Yeah Taccy has just confirmed these photos arnt photos of Hurricane Katrina...
Taccy=Tacitus

He was skeptical that the photos were Katrina, found a site that debunks the email making the rounds and then found the site of the guy who made the photos originally. He's cool that way.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Taccy=Tacitus

He was skeptical that the photos were Katrina, found a site that debunks the email making the rounds and then found the site of the guy who made the photos originally. He's cool that way.

ahhh got..yeah NO hurricane looks like that...theres clouds extending miles and miles from the center of the storm so it all belnds in and looks like a thunderstorm....

what i would like to see is what it looks like in the eye of the hurrcane...u know calm and peaceful and what not

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Equilibrium
ahhh got..yeah NO hurricane looks like that...theres clouds extending miles and miles from the center of the storm so it all belnds in and looks like a thunderstorm....

what i would like to see is what it looks like in the eye of the hurrcane...u know calm and peaceful and what not
Yeah, I've been through 2 of 'em, myself - hurricaines, not their eyes. I imagine the eye is a lot like right before the rain starts. You know how it gets breathtakingly crystal clear and beautiful, right before?

I would like to say how sorry I am for the people who's lives got trashed (or worse) by these 2 hurricanes, hope they can get through it.
Don't mean to rant, but like to add my 5 cents on the subject.
For last 20 years smart people warned about looming effects of global warming - air and most importantly water is getting hotter (Mexican Gulf is 4-5 degrees warmer, Caribbean sea - 3*, World's oceans - up 1.5-1.9 degrees), the result is stronger and bigger hurricanes, like last 2 (Katrina & Rita, could these names be less appropriate).
So who is to blame? All of us who use to much electricity, do not properly recycle, but most importantly drive gasoline wasting vehicles. I tried & failed to convince my parents to buy hybrid car, but now they are freaking out about the price of oil (gasoline, heating oil & gas). Personally I haven't driven a car in more then 3 years, I get around on my bicycle or a bus, every 2 weeks I go with them on a shopping run. Still I think the best example is Willie Nelson he tours on a bus that runs on biodiesel (diesel fuel + cooking oil leftovers say from McDonalds), also both of his cars run mixture of low-grade gasoline & vegetable oil, with the prices as they are now he actually better off.
But without a government program to move us as a country to better forms of transportation or at least alternative fuel, and to more ecologically sound electricity generation (solar, wind, bio & thermonuclear), we will never move fast enough to prevent ecological disaster (could be as soon as 10-15 years from now). So Bush & his father & Reagan, along with Republicans (who control all of the branches of the government), as well as a few corporate Democrats are responsible for US not even trying to change thing for the better (not being a part of Kyoto treaty is just one of the crimes of current administration).
It is economically sound investment to spend more on cleaner ways of functioning, because the alternative is starting to get clear to even the most conservatives.
The fact that current Federal government is completely ignorant & inept should be clear by now, but putting inexperienced cronies into the most important posts like head of FEMA (and other positions having to do with our safety) is criminal. The local & state government is partially to blame for not doing enough to save people and protect New Orleans, but it has mostly to do with burocrathy & waste of resources. But their failings were exacerbated by the funds that were cut by the congress for construction & improvement of levies. And now Hurricane Rita has made things even worse for the Gulf coast, and showed that we are still not properly prepared.
So do I think that Bush should resign? Of cause, but it's not going to happen. Should he be impeached, by all means and immediately, but for that we need Democrats in charge of the House, for which we will have to wait another year. Meantime Wolfowitz our face in UN is already planning another war - now with Iran, how long can this country take this abuse from blind, deaf & stupid corporate governing "elite", let's hope we can take another year.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I probably won't be around for a while… so, I'll see you guys when I can…

Anyone have any extra floaties…

It's hard to believe it has been a year since I posted this… but even harder still to believe everything that followed.... and that so many still need help....

EQ, where are you at now?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
It's hard to believe it has been a year since I posted this… but even harder still to believe everything that followed.... and that so many still need help....

EQ, where are you at now?
I'm in Kenner now. It sucks here,nothing is open at night.

Cait where you hanging out these days?.... Miss ya.