Movies that SHOULD be made

Tools    

It would ruin the series. Episode 3 was a light show and was terrible.

The King of Movies
what comes to mind 1st for me, since I love Star Wars... I wish George Lucas would remake the 1st trilogy he made when i was still young... episodes 4,5,6... with a sophisticated technologies right now, there's no doubt it will be a block-buster again...
that actualy wouldn't be a bad idea.

that actualy wouldn't be a bad idea.

Bite your tongue.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Bite your tongue.
Hard.

An adaptation of the book Replay by Ken Grimwood would be cool, if done right.

Also, I would like to see an adaptation of the book Rip Van Winkle, again, if done right.

Welcome to the human race...
Tomorrow, When The War Began. It's a novel by Australian author John Marsden, one of my favourites. Has anyone here heard of him? He's incredible.

Will probably be made into a movie in the near future.
I've heard of him and have read the first seven books of the Tomorrow... series, not to mention several of his other standalone books. I reckon it'd be interesting to see that as well.

Also, to the person who suggested remaking the original Star Wars trilogy - I'm going to save on using up valuable sarcasm and just say that you're a moron.

An adaptation of the Playstation game Soul Reaver could be ****in' epic providing they get a direction with a unique and visionary style. Or how about David Fincher's Doom?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
An adaptation of the comic book Criminal would be genius. If say, it were treated like a crime thriller (such as Heat, American Gangster, and anything Michael Mann has directed.)

I wouldn't mind the Piers Anthony Xanth books made into films. CGI would make them work. Or even animations.

A few decades ago there was talk of E E "Doc" Smith's Skylark series but nothing came of it. To be honest, with CGI they'd be a hundred times better.

Welcome to the human race...
An adaptation of the books Snow Crash and The Diamond Age by Neil Stephenson.
How could I forget Snow Crash? Also, I'd like to see someone try and make a film out of William Gibson's Neuromancer.

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
I just did a project on hysteria for my sociology class and read up on Spring Heeled Jack and immediately thought "movie." He's awesome and I was so disappointed to see the only movie coming out about him looks so bad. There were so many plot and stylization possibilities wasted

is there a thread around here for movies that SHOULDN'T have been made? cuz I got a lot of those...

Three movies I'd like to see pretty much above all else:

A Diablo-based film
A Legacy of Kain-based film
A remake of 1997's The Relic

Concerning the former two, they're my two all-time favorite video game series and I would love to see films based on them. Concerning the latter, The Relic was my all-time favorite movie for the longest time when I was a kid, and after giving it my first rewatch in a couple years I was a bit underwhelmed. The creature design is still remarkable to this day, but keeping that same design, it would have massive potential if remade today.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

I think a movie should be made based off of the book "A Million Little Pieces" I think that could be interesting. Also a horror movie about a bubblegum man would be awesome.

I agree with remaking Night of the Living Dead with awesome special effects. In fact, how about we remake every movie with a social allegory and turn them into thoughtless entertainment.

Loz

macgyver
catcher in the rye
something else with norm macdonald, don't see enough of that guy imo...
"Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets." - Dante Hicks

I would like to see quatam leap.i heard they were goingto do tvmovie it was going to be about his daugther time trying to find sambecket. i hadn't heard anything about in couple of years. i would like to see I love lucy moive. i wouldn't know who could play lucy. they could make it a comdey. i also would like new hooneymooners moive with white people . i would get john good man for ralph. i woulld like to see static shock,macgyvr, the rockford files, and live action the jetsons moive.