District 9 sequel?? anyone know if it's going to happen?

Tools    

Not Enough Time
I re-watched District 9 last night, and thought that it even if it doesn't NEED a sequel, it left a good window open for one, and I would see it if it were made. Anyone know if they are planning on making one? If so when it is planned on being released?

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

No plans for a sequel. It did make good money though so you never know. I thought it was like the tv series Alien Nation meets Gangs Of New York.

Not Enough Time
I haven't seen either, though I've been meaning to see Gangs of New York. Everyone I know has given it completely mixed reviews, some people love it while others hate it. I need to see for myself

Found this...
On August 1, 2009, two weeks before District 9 was released to cinemas, Neill Blomkamp hinted that he intended to make a sequel if the film was successful enough. During an interview on the "Rude Awakening" 94.7 Highveld Stereo breakfast radio show, he alluded to it, saying "There probably will be." Nevertheless, he revealed that his next project is unrelated to the District 9 universe.[61] In an interview with Rotten Tomatoes, Blomkamp stated that he was "totally" hoping for a follow-up: "I haven't thought of a story yet but if people want to see another one, I'd love to do it."[62] Blomkamp has posed the possibility of the next movie in the series being a prequel.[63] In an interview with Empire magazine posted on April 28, 2010, Sharlto Copley suggested that a follow-up, while very likely, would be about two years away, given his and Neill Blomkamp's current commitments.

Neill Blomkamp has been working on Elysium which is due for release later this year. As he is a relatively inexperienced director a lot will probably ride on the commercial success of Elysium. If he proves himself again then chances are he will have more of say in what future projects he undertakes and therefore increase the likelihood of a sequel to District 9.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really hope they make a sequel to District 9, follow on with the story. District 9 is a great film, Love it!