Alan Arkin

Tools    

Not Enough Time
Just expressing my enjoyment-verging-on-love of Alan Arkin.

Everything I have ever seen him in, he has been absolutely amazing. The oldest movie I have seen him in is Little Murderers (which by the way is an awesome movie). The most recent is Argo.

I may go on an Alan Arkin marathon, getting all his movies.

Haha, much like hapax's collection of Nick Cage (don't take offense, I like Nick Cage, and your posts [most of them ]).

Okay, so CHALLENGE!! Some one name a role Alan Arkin played where he was below good.

GO!!!!!!

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

I'll second the love for Alan Arkin. It's always a treat when he appears on screen.

He's definitely featured in his fair share of clunkers, the most recent being Stand-Up Guys - but even in this movie, acting alongside Pacino and Walken, I feel he made his character the most memorable.

Semper Fooey
When I clicked this I thought maybe it was announcing he died.

Did you know he used to write science fiction?

I had an old Galaxy Magazine from the fifties and he had a short story in it.

Not Enough Time
I'll second the love for Alan Arkin. It's always a treat when he appears on screen.

He's definitely featured in his fair share of clunkers, the most recent being Stand-Up Guys - but even in this movie, acting alongside Pacino and Walken, I feel he made his character the most memorable.
I think that says a lot about him right there (unless the script/direction was just abominable) cause Pacino and Walken are great as well.

But they're no Alan Arkin!!!!!!

Semper Fooey
I can name a clunk Alan Arkin movie and he clunked in it also.

it is from the 1960s and he took over a role more closely associated with another actor. The other actor resumed the role several years later.

Just wanted to throw it out there; any fan of Alan Arkin must see Catch 22. Its a classic and most people tend to overlook old movies.

Personally, I think his Oscar winning performance in LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE is one of the weakest of his career. As for his best, you can't go wrong with Harry Roat Jr. in WAIT UNTIL DARK...he was positively bone-chilling in that movie.