Hard To Find Movies

Tools    

Figured I would start a thread where we can list movies that we are looking for that dont seem readily accessible or if they are available are being offered at steep prices. Would love to know:

1) Your lists of hard to find movies that youve been trying to track down for a while.
2) Information about the films that may be relevant that people may know of (no longer in print, banned, anniversary version coming out next year, etc.)
2) Sources people may know of for rare or hard to find movies either online or offline.
3) If people have seen certain movies that are on our hard to find lists and their feedback on them (is it worth dropping half a pay check for a movie you may have thought was just eh)?

I'll premise this by saying Im not a collector really. Just looking to watch these movies. So I dont really care the format.

Currently looking for the film Wanda (1970) directed by Barbara Loden. Ive seen it for sale occasionally online but its generally in the $80 to $120 range. Is it worth it? Ive heard great things...

Also looking for:

Pastoral: To Die in the Country (1974) directed by Shūji Terayama
Dead Man’s Letters (1986) directed by Konstantin Lopushanskiy
Utopia (1983) directed by Sohrab Shahid Saless
Five Daughters (2010) directed by Philippa Lowthorpe

Currently looking for the film Wanda (1970) directed by Barbara Loden. Ive seen it for sale occasionally online but its generally in the $80 to $120 range. Is it worth it? Ive heard great things...
I seen Wanda, liked it too. But is any film worth $80 to $120BTW it's available in the US with NetflixDVD.com

I seen Wanda, liked it too. But is any film worth $80 to $120
Yeah I generally dont buy movies for more than $40/$50 tops. And it would have to be something I REALLY wanted to own physically at that price. So was never going to pull the trigger on $80.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I liked it. I think CR told me about it. Gritty minimalist 70s flick. Full movie on youtube...

Good grief. Remind me to take you gold prospecting with me the next time I go... I see I have my viewing work cut out for me for the week. Whenever I find movies like these on YouTube and save them then go to watch them a few days later they are invariably gone. So will binge these as soon as possible...

I’ve seen it twice & really liked it. But I have never wanted to buy it for my own dvd collection. And definitely not in your quoted price range.

The Passenger (1975, Michelangelo Antonioni).

One of the 70s classics that I have to see, and can't find anywhere!
Brilliant movie. And in the special features Jack Nicholson does his commentary, which is amazing. At the end he apologizes in case he has bored us or some such thing. Amazing guy.