The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Danny Devito is a great actor.
He has played everything from slapstick to romantic comedy to serious drama - is he Bane?

No and he isn't vain or egotistical enough to attempt a role he is not suited for.
Are you comparing Tom hardy and devito on terms of acting really?

He went undercover to learn how criminals think and how to fight. It was the organized crime and corruption that took his parent lives and that was what he went after. When it was gone he had nothing else to do. I cannot explain it more simply then that.
he never mentions anywhere that he will only fight crime related to his parents murder, nor is it implied anywhere.
He takes up responsibility as Batman to fight all crime, hence the use of Bat-Signal.. to help in any way he can.
& with a city like Gotham, how could the crime just be wiped out after Harvey Dent's death.. especially with corrupt police officers.
So you're telling me after Dent's death all organized crimebosses are in prison?

I am sure you will reply to this by making the same statement with new words.. so leave it.

You've just described 99% of every film ever made.
well atleast 40% or so of them don't seem deliberate with the use of their plot generators.

Who was chasing who?!? If someone is chasing you and you have a way out in a specific place, where the f*** are you going to lead the chasers?
I do agree that Batman has lead them there.

But now while you're at explaining things, pls do explain why the cops stop right before the alley & not send atleast one car after him.. & why dont they send cops in the alley on foot...
I mean he is the ******* Batman.. he could climb walls or fly...
For one, he has the most advanced technology on him.. something that's beyond the grasp of the police force..
& god knows what modifications the Bat-Pod might have had in 8 years...
So why risk..

Or maybe the so called Gotham's finest are really that dumb.. But that Foley seemed confident that he had managed to catch Batman.

but we love them because they aren't Michael Bay s***storms.
& hence he is an intelligent filmmaker.. because he doesn't make crap like Bay.

I think he certainly cares more about story and characters than other filmmakers, but he's no P. T. Anderson
Isn't that very intelligent of him?..

Ohh, you guys underestimate DeVito he'd pull of anything if he wanted to.
He was psychotic enough to scare the living crap out of me as Penguin, even more villainous & frightening than Hardy's Bane.

I'd enjoy DeVito as Bane..

Can some answer me this?.

Batman begins ra's al ghul wants to destroy Gothem because it's crime ridden and beyond saving right?. So if the streets of Gothem have cleaned up and there has been no crime for 8 long years why does bane and talia want to destroy it, they say they want to carry on Ra's work but that's not what he wanted.

Batman begins ra's al ghul wants to destroy Gothem because it's crime ridden and beyond saving right?. So if the streets of Gothem have cleaned up and there has been no crime for 8 long years why does bane and talia want to destroy it, they say they want to carry on Ra's work but that's not what he wanted.
That is one of the issues of the movie. The motivation behind it. With TDK we knew that the Joker had no reasons he just wanted to f**k stuff up.

I think Ra's would say it was a temporary hiccup, like Thomas Wayne "galvanizing the city" so that it "limped on." But this was explained a bit, anyway, while they were talking about Bane being excommunicated for being "too extreme" even for Ra's. Granted, it was revealed later that this wasn't the whole story behind his excommunication, but I think it's reasonable to assume that it was still partly true.

I feel like ime going on but another thing why oh why would you sleep with Bruce Wayne after he killed your father.

This is a bit of a spoiler
Did anyone else not feel satifsed with how little in depth they went on Catwoman having a split personality? Anne Hathaway did a great job. But that was the issue with the first half. So many characters, not enough explanations.

And did anyone else hate how quickly Bane died? Like that was it?

I feel like ime going on but another thing why oh why would you sleep with Bruce Wayne after he killed your father.
I'll answer this question..
Nolan wanted to make a lot of Batman comic fans happy.

One thing, Talia was never shown dead in the end.. she could have been alive.
& now since they had sex, she could get pregnant & give birth to Damon (Batman's son, who is the current Robin).

& since Nolan plans not to make another Batman film, he thought it would be fun to please fans with such minor things. He did the same with John Blake's name being Robin.. These are just clever fanservices.

So to answer your question, Nolan was so busy thinking of pleasing comicbook fans, that he forgot that Ra's never dies in the comics & the daughter is somewhat attracted to Batman.. I mean come on he is tall, dark & handsome.

This is a bit of a spoiler
Did anyone else not feel satifsed with how little in depth they went on Catwoman having a split personality? Anne Hathaway did a great job. But that was the issue with the first half. So many characters, not enough explanations.

And did anyone else hate how quickly Bane died? Like that was it?
Yeah I hated what happened to Bane.

I laughed at that.

edit: Danny Devito is 5'0". I don't think he could fit the role of Bane, exactly..
Exactly.

One knows it, the other's ego is much bigger than his ability (and size)

and yes, I am comparing DeVito and Hardy.
DeVito is a very talented actor who has overcome much in the way of bias to prove it.

Don't give the prick the satisfaction.
Well in the TV show, Bruce and Talia used to be lovers, I don't know if it's cross referenced here or not. I doubt it, since he was shocked of Talia betraying him.

edit:

Flim, well he did put up a good fight and like Talia helping Bane, Catwoman helped Batman.
kshRox, what?

Exactly.

One knows it, the other's ego is much bigger than his ability (and size)

and yes, I am comparing DeVito and Hardy.
DeVito is a very talented actor who has overcome much in the way of bias to prove it.
What films have you seen of Hardy's?

Fanaticism?

I had notably low expectations for this, read back through the thread so in no way are my criticisms the rantings of a disappointment for placing it on a pedestal before it's release and even conceded some doubts were proved wrong. And I like to think my points went further than The Bat being parked in an alley, I can suspend my disbelief that Batman knew the chase would end there/led it there/ I can deal with the giant MacGuffin that had a submerging safety mechanism yet had to be carried 6 miles to sea.

What bugs me was a cramped script and just stupid lapses, yet I still enjoyed at think i've given it a positive rating. However, there more people cite it as being a masterpiece, the more critical I feel I become. People who found flaws are accused of nitpicking and this and that by people who don't think Nolan can do any wrong and refuse to acknowledge said issues. It's a vicious circle.

But i'm not the only one

I think most read it the last time you posted it... you didn't have to copy paste it..

& I am sure you're going to negative rep me for this, like you did to half of my posts in this thread, just to let you know, no offense taken.

& about your Batman & Robin idea, that will never happen under Nolan's name. I repeat Never! Unless he is foolish to eat back his words about how RObin would never belong in his movies.
& once again, Blake having his name as Robin, doesn't mean he is Robin.
Nolan clearly showed Blake taking over the mantle of Batman.

Now, if Nolan does decide to take up the movies again, than he might complete the Knightfall saga, with Blake taking the place of Azrael as Batman.. so what happens when Bruce is away holidaying, Blake goes crazy & violent, So Bruce has to return to kick his butt back to whatever foster home he came from.
But Nolan hardly showed Blake as being that sort of guy, so that's not going to happen either.
But there still might be a Batman & Blake movie.
Yeah see that's why I think he may just do a Batman and Robin movie and the bag that he picked up wasn't the batman costume but his own idk just speculation. I think Nolan may reconsider with Robin thing with the right reaction from his crowd and I don't think it's a coincidence that Blakes real name is Robin and wasn't Robin an orphan just like Bruce too in the comics?

Oh and I figured people read the post I just felt it needed the context of what I was posting it on lol