Splinter Cell.

Tools    

I havent read all the previous post but, let me just say this, splinter cell is the most logical game to movie design there is. And splinter cell is not like 007 u son of a b*tch.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by LiLray09
Yea but then Sam would have to be bald and we all know that wouldn't work.
Yeah, I guess Hollywood production studios haven't figured out how to do prosthetic hair and wigs yet.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
Yeah, I guess Hollywood production studios haven't figured out how to do prosthetic hair and wigs yet.
I still wouldn't look right since michael ironside looks nothing like Sam Fisher.

In the Beginning...
I still wouldn't look right since michael ironside looks nothing like Sam Fisher.
I think he'd look fine, and when you're talking about a guy who's face is covered 96% of the time, I don't think that matters too much. What would matter to gamers a great deal, I think, would be the voice. If the voice isn't the same, then it ain't Sam Fisher.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Well if you have a butchers at the P'Shopped pic earlier in the thread you may think differently.

Why not make it animated? You could do so much more with animation... Or even make it CG like Advent Children.
That way, you could keep all the original voices in the movie from the game...

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Burnview
Why not make it animated? You could do so much more with animation... Or even make it CG like Advent Children.
That way, you could keep all the original voices in the movie from the game...
Eh, the problem with that is, the animation would be too much like the actual game's FMV segments. Why would you want to pay to watch a game animation when you can just go home and play the game? Obviously, a live-action film would offer something the game cannot (ie. real people to look at), but beyond that, I can't see any other medium more enjoyable than playing the game. Does anyone even read those Splinter Cell novels?

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
but for the love of god not Steven Segal!!!

There's treachery afoot!!!
I think if Steven Segal lost a hundred pounds or mor and got ripped he'd be able to play sam fisher.
Give me a break.

For all you retards who think i was serious about the Steven Segal thing....... well your retards!

For all you retards who think i was serious about the Steven Segal thing....... well your retards!
and this ladies and gentlemen is what is commonly known as sarcasm
let's give lilray a big round of applause shall we?
jk

There's treachery afoot!!!
How bout Bruce Willis??

i wouln't count messner out. he fits physical description of fisher, green eyes, black hair...gotta deep voice. he can play mean im sure

lol he does have that v shape eyebrow thing goin on

hmmmm I had a similar dilemma trying to think of who would play the character of solid snake if they made a metal gear movie. ironside could pull off the roll if he whipped into shape and wore a wig but lets be reasonable. splinter cell the movie will be another pg-13 hollywood flop is my prediction. splinter cell though a unique game in itself just lacks depth to really be a good movie. either way ill end up seeing it anyway.

As long as this isn't another Uwe Boll video game to movie transfer it doesn't really matter who playes the lead - lol. I would like to see Kiefer Sutherland do it, he's got that rough edge thing down.

Originally Posted by Firebug911
They are making Splitercell? from them games Splintercell right?

ROFL........Not gonna be good....I didnt even like the games..Just a more stealthy type 007 crap.
this is alot better then 007..i always hated 007...but this i loved

Bump on the thread... news that's about an hour old is that the movie is being pushed ahead by games company and franchise owner IBISOFT and Tom Hardy has been hired to star as Sam Fisher.

Plot will have a similar feel to the Mission: Impossible movies.
Eric Warren Singer (The International and American Bullsh*t) is writing with Paramount Studios playing a part in production.

Similar news in is that UBISOFT's other game franchise Assassin's Creed is also being pushed into the movies as well under the watchful eye of FOX Studios.

They might be going for an early storyline for the character if they've got a youngish actor in the role.
Might be a bit of a missed opportunity though if they're having it like Mission: Impossible, it'll just be more of the same old same old actiony type.