Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Mine's a tie between Clerks and Chasing Amy
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Why am I here?
Kick ass, I like clerks and mallrats, I found chaising amy to be my least favorite!

Sic Networks

Why am I here?
I really should learn how to spell!!!

Back with a bang!
Sorry for the late bumping of an old topic, but as I just enrolled on this site today, I feel justified.

I just had to say that I am a die hard Kevin Smith fan, who loved all of his preveious movies (favourites being Chasing Amy and Clerks). The first time I watched JSBSB I didn't felt a little dissapointed, but after having watched it a few times, I can only say that it is just as good as the other movies. It grows on you, especially all the refferences to the Jersey Triology And the entire Miramax part is just hillarious. I have a friend who is really into Wes Cravens early stuff and hates his latest films, and when I showed him the Wes Craven scene, he could hardly breathe from laughing

So, if you're a Kevin Smith fan that didn't really like JSBSB the first time you saw it, give it another shot, it might just work

PS. My favourite quote from the movie:
[Jay] What the F*ck is the internet?

JASBSB was ok. It wasnt great and i am a fan of Jay & SB. Jay cussed way to much. The only parts I did like was the Scooby Van.

I love all of Kevin Smiths movies. I saw clerks a long time ago, when it was first released on VHS. Even then I thought JASB were the best characters in the move. Mallrats and Chasing Amy were cool, I remember saying to myself when I saw them, "Theres just not enough JASB".
Then I saw Dogma in the theatre...WOW!!!! At that point I became the die hard KS fan. That was a great week for movies, I saw Dogma, Being John Malcovich, and Bringing Out the Dead.
I thought JASB SB, was very funny, slow at times, not perfect, but still. There just aren't many movies I can recall weeks, months later, and start laughing. I love the scene after you meet their mothers, and the song Jay is singing. I laugh everytime I think of that. Or when they're in the studio lot and Jay is saying, "you've never done this too a woman" and starts acting like he's making out, then switches to a little homosexual act...and acts "uh...no...I mean" and acts the "straight" man again. Or the whole cup on the dong thing in the hamburger joint. Oh well I could go on and on and on......

--ah J&SBSB is hilarious as is: Mallrats,Dogma,Clerks & Chasing amy--

I am not afraid to admit that I have still only seen Dogma -- which I thought was fantastic. I'm going to make a genuine effort to get my hands on the others, but sometimes it's a little hard.

Damn it!

I've read the screenplays to Clerks and Chasing Amy though. Jay and Silent Bob do not work on the page in Clerks, but I can just imagine them on screen.

IMHO, Dogama is the best Smith movie to date. Although they all have good qualities. Chasing Amy I like just fine, but I find it too cornball(Ben Affleck's extremely long-winded proffesion of love ).
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I thought the movie was terrible but funny. All the characters and stuff were pretty cool. But I only really liked the beginning and the middle. Towards the end is when I got bored and it sucked. Mallrats, Dogma, and Clerks is 10 times better. K Smith is one of my favorites even though I think he should have never done J&SBSB.

Estatic Crack Addict
wow, people asr still talking about this movie which came out years ago and now it is not so far off that Clerks II is coming out. Thats how you know you made a good movie. BTW, I loved JSB Strike Back and was amazed that afroman's song was used as the unofficial theme (I live in a town right next to his home town).

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, while completely hilarious, is certainly not in the same league as his films prior to it. Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and let us never forget Dogma are all superior and I have to disagree with people who think Jay and Silent Bob are the best characters in some of Kevin Smith's films. Second best maybe, but I love Dante and Randall, and Jason Lee steals the show in both Mallrats and Chasing Amy. The entire ensemble of Dogma is amazing, so it is hard to choose. At the end of the day, I think Jay and Silent Bob are snootchie bootchies, but the other characters that come from the mind of Kevin Smith have so much more going on.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I haven't seen this yet but it's on my list of movies to see.

Recently I saw Catch and Release. I found it interesting to watch Kevin Smith in something else, something in which he speaks a LOT more.

Of all the movies made in the Silent Bob and so on list, Dogma is my fav.

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
J&SBSB is my least favourite out of all the jersey films. Not to say its bad, i just think that the humour in the other is a lot more witty.

My order would go:

1) Clerks (Salsa shark, we're gonna need a bigger boat!)
2) Mallrats (Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?)
3) Clerks 2 (Goodbye Horses ^^)
4) Chasing Amy (Fingercuffs!)
5) Dogma (Hey Big Bird! Ready to play the counting game?)
6) Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (Planet of the Apes Spoof)

That list isn't final. The ranking of Clerks 2, Chasing Amy and Dogma could be mixed up I think.

PS: Didn't realise Kevin Smith was in Die Hard 4.0

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Not many comedies are consistently funny throughout, but I think JASBSB acheived that here, which is especially impressive because I always found Jay And Silent Bob to be Kevin Smith's weakest characters.

Movie Forums Insomniac
I saw this at a pre-screening in my theater before it was released back in 2001. Not many people showed up I think it was me and maybe 10 other people. But I laughed my ass off.