Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows split in 2 movies

Tools    

.....doesn't know what to put here!
i hate all the Harry Potter films i've seen

that would be cool if the movies came out a month apart or something. None of this 5 years sh.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I can't believe it is actually true. I thought it was just a dumb rumour. Honestly, plenty of longer books are adapted into single movies. If the screenwriters can't manage it then maybe they need different ones. This is just a cash in.

Further to moviemaker's link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7293513.stm

Well it is about time the actually made a movie that follows true to the book. They have cut out so much in the movies that we haven't even seen Harry Pay Quiditch in 3 movies. In my opinion they should follow the Lord of The Rings and make epic movies whenever they make movies based on great books like these. The Di Vinci Code was another incredible book that they cut out so much to squeeze it into a certian amount of time. I for one would rather sit through a 4 hour movie than watch some of the 2 hour crap that they put on the screen.

Yes they cut a lot out but they did a great job of cutting things out. The only signficant cut was Tom Bombadill and although he was very significant in many ways he was not vital to the plot line. My point is that they made a 4 hour movie for each book and not a 2 hour movie. Like I said before I would rather sit through a 4 hour movie done right than an 2 hour movie that is nothing like the book. Look at the HP movies so far.

The first two where good because there wasn't much else going on yet besides Harry going to school and the Stone and the Basilisk...

The third one is where they started to butcher the books. They never mention anything about Harry's father and the others making the map or becoming Animagi. Forget about Hermione's cat and how it conversed with Sirrius and helped them with the tree... That would have been a nice addition that didn't need to be taken out. And Quidditch disappeared completely.

The fourth one left out evey sub plot about Sirrus and Mooney. They cut out Nevil's family and it would have been nice to see the Lockhart hospital scene as well. Not to mention S.P.E.W. And the biggest missing piece is the Twin's store and the gambling. Harry giving them money is a pretty big subplot for the future books.

The fifth one continued to butcher the sub plots. The twins store non exisitant. What is Quidditch again. The fight with Malfoy was huge in the book but gone. What was with everyone getting the detention with the blood pen...

So you see if any of the last 3 where 4 hour movies most or all of this could have been added and they would make a lot more sense.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
They also cut out the Scouring of the Shire, more important imo than Tom Bombadil....

HP 7 could still have been one four hour movie rather than 2 2 hour ones...although maybe a bit long for all the kids who would want to watch it in the cinema...maybe an extended dvd?

I still think that the nature of the HP books is quite episodic - chapter by chapter - that they would have made a better and more convincing tv series than films, although I know in that case they wouldn't have the budget to do it properly.

As for book 5 and 6...the books were full of filler so I don't mind them cutting stuff out...

Does somebody know if the movies will be released very close to each other

They also cut out the Scouring of the Shire, more important imo than Tom Bombadil....
You are correct I was so frustrated about that after I originally watched it in the theater. I was hoping it would be included in the extended dvd edition but was disappointed there too. I stand corrected.

I have never read the Rings books (just the Hobbit) and decided to see all the movies first. After the third Potter movie I read the books. Seems all the movies were ok except the last one. It left out important stuff. I can see them wanting to keep stuff in but better to make a longer movie than two.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
yeah its been confirmed and Dave Yates is gonna be directing it. I heard that they were gonna split BOF or OOTP but decided not to. After reading the 7th book, I cant see a legit reason to split it...All they did for half the book is walk. But hey, any way to make a buck right?

it would be good if they split it as the book is just soo long.
maybe if they were to show it as a double bill or something at cinemas? would be pretty pricey to go see though!

UPDATE: Part I of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released November 19th, 2010. Part 2 will be released sometime Summer of 2011.