Martin Scorsese's Killers of the Flower Moon

Tools    

Killers of the Flower Moon>>>>>>Oppenheimer. And it ain’t even a discussion…

-
I personally disagree with this and I think it is worthy of a discussion. Although I didn't love either film, I found "Oppenheimer" to be genuinely interesting and much more innovative and creative in the way in which it was filmed and put together. The visuals, the music, the whole aesthetic that was created. In another directors hands, that could have been a very boring story with the script that they had, but in Nolan's, it was not. It was also far more engaging to watch for me, and I feel like it piqued my interest to learn more about aspects of his story and life that were not depicted in the film.

For me, Oppenheimer was the better film. It was more entertaining and faster paced than Killers of the Flower Moon. I think the direction and writing in Oppenheimer is stronger than KOTFM. Also, Oppenheimer had a better ending. The ending epilogue of KOTFM did not work for me and the tone didn't fit with the rest of the film.

For me, Oppenheimer was the better film.

How does it compare to Amazon Women on the Moon?

How does it compare to Amazon Women on the Moon?
Amazon Women on the Moon is silly, enjoyable fun. It's hard to compare it to Oppenheimer or Killers of the Flower Moon. If I had to rank them, it would be:

1. Oppenheimer 9/10
2. Killers of the Flower Moon 8/10
3. Amazon Women on the Moon 8/10

What is DiCaprio doing with his face. I really wish he'd move away from Scorsese. Deniro isn't the same for me anymore, I see a different side after his outspoken political rants, what is more brave than slamming trump in Hollywood. I'll tell you. Jumping over a puddle.I don't like him.

I thought it had excellent performances from Leonardo DiCaprio, Lily Gladstone, and Robert De Niro. I don't think the film needed to be 3 hours and 26 minutes though. For me, it felt too long. Although this isn't top tier Scorsese, it is still a very good film. 8/10 would be my rating, but it doesn't make my top 10 films of the year.
I agree. To me it’s the movie that will not end! Too many random characters popping in & then disappearing. Lily Gladstone was taking forever to die.

Watched a lot of it, but then bailed out before the end.

This should have been a mini-series.

I agree. To me it’s the movie that will not end! Lily Gladstone was taking forever to die. Watched a lot of it, but then bailed out before the end.
Spoiler alert: she doesn't die.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Maybe if she'd died in the movie, it would have improved her Oscar chances.

Me and my dog every time someone rings the doorbell:

LOL, this why we have a locked front gate. Don’t even think of ringing my doorbell.

What is DiCaprio doing with his face. I really wish he'd move away from Scorsese. Deniro isn't the same for me anymore, I see a different side after his outspoken political rants, what is more brave than slamming trump in Hollywood. I'll tell you. Jumping over a puddle.I don't like him.

I don't think he's saying those things to sound brave. Not everyone lives exclusively to puff out their chest and pretend their tough.