The Films you saw at the cinema that FLABBERGASTED you!

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block

Hey peeps! My first post here so lets see how it goes.
What films did you see at the cinema that when they finished you literally walked out dribbling, in a daze? (maybe thats just me) Im not talking about "good" films that you saw and chatted about for a few minuts after, im talking about the films that you see and then spend the next few days going over them in your head, and find yourself thinking about them whilst in the shower (me again?) These are the type of films i love!

My ones would have to be,

1. AMERICAN BEAUTY
2. CONTACT (not loved by everyone, but its one of my faves)
3. GREEN MILE (made me cry)
4. MOULIN ROUGE( Made me laugh!....then cry again)
5. WHAT LIES BENEATH (made me cry...theres a pattern!)
6. MATRIX (gotta be on here)
7. A BEAUTIFUL MIND
8. VANILLA SKY
9. JEEPERS CREEPERS (Was too worried about drivin home from cinema)
10. JURASSIC PARK

Well thats my 10, if i think about it long enough ive probably left a dozen off the list that equally amazed me. So what about you? Did anyone see Magnolia, Memento or Being John Malkovich at the cinema? would love to have seen them.

Enemies are so stimulating.
ok heres my list:

what lies beneath (i was scared of the dark for about a week after that film and couldnt look in mirrors)

the exorcist (thought it was wicked)

LOTR (once again...wicked)

pay it forward (loved that film..made me almost cry)

final destination (thought it was wicked but now im scared to fly...DAM THEM ALL!!!)

american beauty (amazing)

psycho (the remake)

the blaire witch project (id love to have made that film)

i would have loved to have seen moulin rouge in the cinema...DAM MY STUPID FRIENDS THAT DIDNT WANNA SEE IT WITH ME DAM THE ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish i had seen magnolia in the cinema too...and i am sam and loads of films actualy that i now have on dvd.

i agree with you blibblobblib i loved being john malkovich...i havent been able to watch it recently because one of my friends has it...i wonder who that could be.

Flabbergasted right away:
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Jurassic Park
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Seven
The Terminator
The Matrix
Swordfish
FOTR
T2
Ghostbusters
Superman
Superman II
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Tron

Made me think about them for days or weeks:
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Seven
Instinct
FOTR
The Usual Suspects
Malcolm X
American Beauty
The Contender
A Time to Kill
Glory

Jaws
Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Jurassic Park
The Blair Witch Project
The Matrix
Alive
Mulholland Drive
The Rocky Horror Picture Show(It was 1980 and I was only 12)
Memento
Saving Private Ryan
Braveheart

That's my list, can't think of anymore. Good thread.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally posted by sisboombah
ok heres my list:

psycho (the remake)

im sorry dude but the remake sucked and didnt even begin to compare to the original

edit:
err ya my list
hrmm only one ive seen in theaters that "flabbergasted" me was the first 20 minutes of saving private ryan

There ya go, straight away theres a load that i forgot.
Definatly "Alive". That creeped me out for ages. its a wicked story. Really really graphic plane crash wasnt it? As for Mulholland drive, i havnt seen that yet but ive heard its a bit of a brainf**k. Really wanna see it. I did wanna see "instinct" when it came out but i didnt think it looked like Hopkins at his best? Obviosly thats another one i should see.
i totally forgot about "se7en". thats a wicked film. its such a clever idea. Mr Spacey at his BEST. God the way he talks in that film is so good for his character. the bit where he says "So i took her Pretty Head" at the end just makes me shiver. I spent days after seein that goin over the ending and how he got to complete his murders of the seven sins.

I loved Physco. I love the original and i love the Remake. Loads of poeple (Like Silenz) hated the remake didnt they? My brother did. he thought it was just an insult to Mr Hitchcock (spelling?!) I thought they were both cool though. that man really did love his mother.

Star Wars... I was 10 and never had seen anything like it (of course)

Candyman... For some reason it blew me away

Terminator

Silence of the Lambs

Can't think of anymore right now...

Probably Raiders, like firegod...

i was flabbergasted by

FOTR
the matrix
titan AE
minority report
and road to perdition

You was flabbergasted by Titan A.E? Thats a bit of a strange one. I must admit when i saw it on TV it was a lot better than i thought it would be.

DAM you americans! you get all the good films (and maybe some bad ones) so much earlier than us Brits. I cant wait to see "Road to Perdition". You being flabbergasted by it has made me wanna see it so much sooner.

And by the way, cool me a fool for asking but if LOTR is "Lord of the rings" ( i hope it is!)? whats FOTR?

FOTR is the Fellowship of The Ring. The series is called LOTR, but the books themselves are the Fellowship of The Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of The King. The full name is LOTR:FOTR, get it?

i wonder what SB would say at a time like this, heres my guess:

(and than sarcastic comment OR/AND a BS version of what FOTR stands for

My movies would be (off the top of my head there are more i just cant think right now)

The Matrix

LOTR:FOTR

Now i understand.......i think Ive just been getting confused because some poeple have been writing either FOTR or LOTR or both at the same time! when they are both the same thing...kind of.

Oh my word! The only film i can really think of now that totally blew my mind was definately The Blair Witch Project! I just sat numb in the cinema while the credits went and the whole place was silent. It was so wierd, people left in silence. I nearly cried with fear at it too. It is most definately one of the best movies ever! the fact that u never see anything but u have to use ur imagination that makes it so powerful. How it effected you all depends on your imagination me thinx

Originally posted by MeSharona
Oh my word! The only film i can really think of now that totally blew my mind was definately The Blair Witch Project! I just sat numb in the cinema while the credits went and the whole place was silent. It was so wierd, people left in silence. I nearly cried with fear at it too. It is most definately one of the best movies ever! the fact that u never see anything but u have to use ur imagination that makes it so powerful. How it effected you all depends on your imagination me thinx
I love you! Will you marry me?

That movie is on my list of top 5 faves of all time. I that movie!!!!!

sure thing...

Originally posted by LordSlaytan

I love you! Will you marry me?

That movie is on my list of top 5 faves of all time. I that movie!!!!!
mine too! so hands off LordSlaytan! shes mine , also your egarness m'Lord makes you sound somewhat desperate!

Um, I'm a man...men are always desperate for a little lovin'. Even when they've been married for awhile, hell even more so.

Why does LordSlaytan slay?

It's just what he does when he can't get no lovin'. Just what he does when he can't get no loving.

Have you ever heard that song? Really funny!