The Beach Boys (2024)

Tools    

Good stuff. Will definitely be watching.

I might have to see that one. Given the subsequent revelations about how much of a completely fabricated fiction that family/band was, living some sort of fantasized Southern California summer dream, I'm curious to see what they do with the story. Somehow, fun-in-the-sun, surfing and rock and roll music just doesn't mesh with the subsequent revelations of abuse, addiction, exploitation, family dysfunction and schizophrenia. The later stuff I read and heard about the "Boys" was horrifying.

I'm a huge Beach Boys fan.
But haven't there already been multiple documentaries and biopics about the band and / or its memebers?
I guess so, but I don’t care.

I guess so, but I don’t care.
Hopefully, they will keep it light and musical. I prefer the illusion of the Beach Boys to the reality.

I'm a huge Beach Boys fan.
But haven't there already been multiple documentaries and biopics about the band and / or its memebers?
Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road was pretty good imho. Not sure this one could be half as good, but we'll see

I might have to see that one. Given the subsequent revelations about how much of a completely fabricated fiction that family/band was, living some sort of fantasized Southern California summer dream, I'm curious to see what they do with the story. Somehow, fun-in-the-sun, surfing and rock and roll music just doesn't mesh with the subsequent revelations of abuse, addiction, exploitation, family dysfunction and schizophrenia. The later stuff I read and heard about the "Boys" was horrifying.

I think most of their fans are well aware of the real stories behind the band.

Hopefully, they will keep it light and musical. I prefer the illusion of the Beach Boys to the reality.
I want to see long, drawn-out scenes of ridicule, emotional torture and physical abuse by Dad Wilson.

I want to see long, drawn-out scenes of ridicule, emotional torture and physical abuse by Dad Wilson.

The trailer looks like more of a documentary + video footage than a dramatization. I guess you can take the good images and video for the light side and save words for the bad stuff.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see a bio-pic about the Cowsills.

I've seen the documentary "Family Band" and it's emotionally devastating.

They more than rival any other singer or group when it comes to meteoric ascension to fame & becoming American icons, while behind the scenes there was physical & sexual abuse, intimidation, shunning, alcohol, economic mishandling by the father, followed by poverty, disease and deaths all surrounding an incredibly talented group of siblings.

If they did ever make a movie, I'd like to see a portion dedicated to how the Partridge Family came out of what was supposed to be a weekly show featuring the Cowsill family.

This doc's right up my alley. IMO, Beach Boys are the greatest pop act in the world, even above Beatles who can take pop rock instead.

This doc's right up my alley. IMO, Beach Boys are the greatest pop act in the world, even above Beatles who can take pop rock instead.
Yikes, wouldn’t go that far.