Quote of the Day

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure."

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

- Abraham Lincoln

The last thing I want to do is: the first thing my enemy expects me to do.
~ unk.

"There were two sides to David Lean: on the one side, he was kind of a rather stiff, disciplined Englishman. And then he had this kind of romantic side to him. I think being true to both sides of your nature is important."

"I look at the story, I look at the idea and just try to think of it in terms of that whole body of myth and see where the characters fit in and what they ought to be doing - all those archetypes are there to play with."

- John Boorman

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

Make conscious decisions as to who you will be
and how you will react.
Be responsible for your own actions.

Respect the privacy and personal space of others.
Do not touch the personal property of others -
especially sacred and religious objects.
This is forbidden.

~ Native American Code of Ethics (14 & 15)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Quotes Haven

I know this one everbody knows but I am a firm believer of "What goes around,comes around."- A million diffrent people!

Here is a picture that applys to this quote

Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends. -Czech Proverb

You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you. - Dale Carnegie

It’s the friends you can call up at four a.m. that matter. - Marlene Dietrich

"[meatwadsprite,] I would not think of quarreling with your interpretation nor offering any other, as I have found it always the best policy to allow the film to speak for itself."

"The screen is a magic medium. It has such power that it can retain interest as it conveys emotions and moods that no other art form can hope to tackle."

"It's crazy how you can get yourself in a mess sometimes and not even be able to think about it with any sense and yet not be able to think about anything else."

"I don't think that writers or painters or filmmakers function because they have something they particularly want to say. They have something that they feel. And they like the art form; they like words, or the smell of paint, or celluloid and photographic images and working with actors. I don't think that any genuine artist has ever been oriented by some didactic point of view, even if he thought he was."

- Stanley Kubrick

Welcome to the human race...
Consider this my Christmas quote...

"No family. No girlfriend. No friends. No love. No hope. No point. AND SANTA CLAUS IS DEAD! I KILLED HIM! *grabs crotch* I KILLED HIM WITH THIS!! AND I LEFT HIS STINKING CORPSE IN AN UNDERGROUND CAVERN WHERE IT IS RAPED BY HUNDREDS OF TOXIC-EFFLUENT-CRAZED GILA MONSTERS EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY!"

- Spider Jerusalem

Be true to yourself first.
You cannot nurture and help others if
you cannot nurture and help yourself first.

Respect others religious beliefs.
Do not force your belief on others.

Share your good fortune with others.
Participate in charity.

~ Native American Code of Ethics (#16, 17, & 18)

I am half agony, half hope.
Fear is the dark room where the Devil develops his negatives.

~ Gary Busey

Johann von Goethe

"I intend to live forever, or die trying." -Quote Haven

"If you have a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two, and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN." -Quote Haven

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

It hurts to find out that what you wanted doesn't match what you dreamed it would be. - Randy K. Milholland

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. - Tommy Cooper

"Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration."

"God bless us, every one."

- Charles Dickens

Native American Ten Commandments

Treat the Earth and all that dwell therein with respect.

Remain close to the Great Spirit.

Show great respect for your fellow beings.

Work together for the benefit of all Mankind.

Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.

Do what you know to be right.

Look after the well-being of Mind and Body.

Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater Good.

Be truthful and honest at all times.

Take full responsibility for your actions.

Note: I may have posted these when we first started this thread and if so, sorry for the repeat...

Short is the joy that guilty pleasure brings. - Euripides

We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world. - Helen Keller

May your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility. - Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

Joy is not in things; it is in us. - Richard Wagner

"In Hollywood we acquire the finest novels in order to smell the leather bindings."

"I've been to Paris France and I've been to Paris Paramount. Paris Paramount is better."

"I let the audience use their imaginations. Can I help it if they misconstrue my suggestions?"

- Ernst Lubitsch

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...

~Norman Wesley Brooks

"I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white man would be coming into my neighborhood after dark." -Dick Gregory

"I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph." -Shirley Temple