Norman Bates in "Psycho"
3.85%
1 votes
The Birds in "The Birds"
11.54%
3 votes
Other
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I always thought Hitchcock had some of the finest villains ever to infect the screen. Which is your favorite?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Norman Bates is the best, although I also really liked Tony Wendice, the best character of Dial M For Murder.

Semper Fooey
Norman Bates is sympathetic. He may be the most memorable, but he isn't the most evil.

Semper Fooey
What about James Mason or Martin Landau?

Walter Slezak?

Paul Lukas?

Peter Lorre?

Robert Young?

Okay, forget Robert Young.

I can't think of his name, but the guy married to Sylvia Sydney who blew up her brother.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Oh boy this is a good idea for a thread. To be honest if we are going for the evilest of them all, Bruno Anthony may take the cake. But, I'm voting other and going with Thorwald.

I'm a bit surprised to see so much love for Thorwald. Still, I can definitely understand the bogeyman appeal he has as a villain, even if his character isn't explored very much.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Really close between Norman Bates and Bruno Anthony, but I plucked for Bruno. I just find him so incredibly creepy and chilling. The fact that he believes he and Guy are actually friends makes him scarier than if he just acted like an evil b*****d all the time

Like will.15 said Norman is a little bit sympathetic in that you can see how troubled and damaged he is.

Mrs Danvers too is deliciously nasty.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's the anonmity that makes Thorwald so creepy. But Bruno is one creepy dude. The fact he is basically stalking Granger is creepy enough and his ideas even creepier.

Though its only my fourth favorite Hitchcock film Norman Bates from Psycho is defiantly the
best Hitch villain and in the top 10 all time

joseph cotten as uncle charlie...exceptional!
then Mrs danvers, norman bates, thorwald, bruno anthony, tony wendice.

I would say Norman Bates

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Bruno Anthony in Strangers on a Train is an excellent manipulative sociopath and one of my top three for sure. The top villain is also on the list; Mrs Danvers who is a passive aggressive insane and jealous lesbian psycho bitch. For similar reasons I also enjoy the mother Sebastian character in Notorious who is far more a villain than her morally gray and straight (in so far as these things go) son, Alex.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
Mrs. Danvers in "Rebecca"
Uncle Charlie in "Shadow of a Doubt"
Alex Sebastian in "Notorious"
Bruno Anthony in "Strangers on a Train"
Tony Wendice in "Dial M For Murder"
Norman Bates in "Psycho"
The Birds in "The Birds"
Other
This is a pretty good list, although I agree that Thorwald from Rear Window should have been featured. I voted for Bates, of course, but Bruno, Uncle Charlie, and Alex are pretty high up there as well.

I went for Bruno Anthony in Strangers on a Train. The scene where he bursts the little boy's balloon with his cigarette always makes me laugh.