Margot Robbie making a Monopoly movie

Tools    

Yes at the rate she's going she's gonna corner the games genre of movies

I know you're trying to be snarky, but Barbie is a toy, not a game.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You've made 500 threads in 20 years...I've made 40 threads in 7

This poster has made 100 in 2 months

Just because a film is optioned doesn't mean you need to make a thread about it

So it's OK as long as the genre is "toys and games"?

The moment Barbie hit big I heard that Hasbro basically told everyone to go and try and make a film about anything they had. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a few of these in the next couple of years. How many will see the light of day is another thing. But Monoply, as well as Risk, Hungry Hippos and, I'm sure, a host of other games have all been mentioned now and again since the 90's at least. Battleships was another which was mentioned numerous times and had scripts for long before they actually made it.

She should do a Cabbage Patch movie next. I want to see Margot Robbie play a Cabbage Patch Doll.
But only if Greta Gerwig is directing!!

I would prefer to see Martin Scorsese direct The Cabbage Patch Kids movie.
Very well, then, but it will be a 4 and 1/2 hour movie

The moment Barbie hit big I heard that Hasbro basically told everyone to go and try and make a film about anything they had. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a few of these in the next couple of years. How many will see the light of day is another thing. But Monoply, as well as Risk, Hungry Hippos and, I'm sure, a host of other games have all been mentioned now and again since the 90's at least. Battleships was another which was mentioned numerous times and had scripts for long before they actually made it.
I'd watch a movie based on Risk it's got to be better than Oppenheimer was