John Rambo

Tools    

Beware The Probe!
Gotta be one of the bloodiest trailers I've ever seen.
Haven't seen a First Blood movie in so long I'm not too sure about this one.
Stallone's really starting to look old and I'm not sure the long hair and bandanna still works for him.

Still a year away but I'll check it out when it comes out anyway.

John Rambo Trailer

I agree on the bloodiest part. They are probably counting on the gore to help, and it very well may, but that is one of the last things that gets me buying a movie. The first one was great . . .

I agree on the bloodiest part. They are probably counting on the gore to help, and it very well may, but that is one of the last things that gets me buying a movie. The first one was great . . .
Lucky for them its probably one of the first things I look for in an action war-type movie like Rambo. Even the first and second were kind of in the gore category for the 80s but this one takes the cake man. I'm really looking forward to seeing it and good on Sly for reawakening his acting career.

So what's the premise? Terrorists take over the nursing home?

Lucky for them its probably one of the first things I look for in an action war-type movie like Rambo. Even the first and second were kind of in the gore category for the 80s but this one takes the cake man. I'm really looking forward to seeing it and good on Sly for reawakening his acting career.
I am also glad that he re-awakened his acting career. I have had Rocky Balboa since it first hit DVD.

oh my lord!

I have to admit...I was all set to type in "CRAP" as soon as I saw the thread...but holy crap on the gore factor!!! might just have to get excited for this one

Horrorphiliac

Stallone's really starting to look old and I'm not sure the long hair and bandanna still works for him.
It seems to work in that trailer and looks like he's carrying his own as well. I agree that the trailer indeed has a hell of allot more carnage than his first Rambo flick. Reminds me a bit like Saving Private Ryan. Where he's like 2 feet away blowing the men away with that armor penetrating ammo there.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
How pissed will Bruce Willis be that his new Die HArd film is PG-13, then Stallone comes out with this.

Suspect's Reviews

How pissed will Bruce Willis be that his new Die HArd film is PG-13, then Stallone comes out with this.
Anyone remember the ratings of the first Die Hard?

They were all rated R weren't they?
Wow, they are 'still' classified as rated R in Canada and the US. I can't imagine how wimpy this new one will look now.

the Sylvester Stallone hormone saga appears to have finally come to an end.

Sly has been fined $2,975 for attempting to bring the banned substance into Australia, and has been ordered to pay the prosecution costs of $10,000.

The Rocky star's hormone-filled suitcase probably cost more than that.
Naughty naughty

So is this the new thing for him? Using the full names of his old characters for these recent senior citizen sequels? First Rocky Balboa, now John Rambo.

I enjoyed Rocky Balboa. Sad to see him looking so old, though. He used to be sexier.

So is this the new thing for him? Using the full names of his old characters for these recent senior citizen sequels? First Rocky Balboa, now John Rambo.
I cannot wait for Lincoln Hawk to come out.

fbi
I am a big stallone fan. Love the rocky and rambo movies. daylight. lockup. saw the rocky balboa as soon as it came out and got it on dvd on first day.

But i saw the trailer for rambo 4. Hmmmm.....i dont know.

Its been many years since rambo 3 and rambo is a famous charatcer so we should be expecting something special. A good quality film.

after seeing the trailer, it looked simple. Rambo going into another asian jungle and blowing people away? havent we been there done that? and my goodness was it gory.

the cinematography looked basic too.

Now that its the year 2007 and stallone is a good writer, I hoped that rambo 4 would be physchological as well as physical.
maybe set it in modern day new york (or any city) and have him surrounded by a group of vicious killers. (like a better version of cobra).

Or maybe have a group of vicious assasins sent in to kill him etc.
just something special. Unfortunately, i didnt feel that in the trailer.
and yeah, he did look too old.

He doesnt have that rock solid jaw line and great body which made him so impressive in the early rambos.
however, still look forward to it. Oh, also look forward to the original first blood rambo book by david morrell whcih i ordered.

He doesnt have that rock solid jaw line and great body which made him so impressive in the early rambos.
Thats because he is an old fart now it will happen to all of us, oh! poo it has happened to me I AM AN OLD FART NOOOOOOOOOO

Madness!

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates, during a humanitarian aid deliver to the persecuted Karen people of Burma. After some of the missionaries are taken prisoner by sadistic Burmese soldiers, Rambo gets a second impossible job: to assemble a team of mercenaries to rescue the surviving relief workers.

That trailer was awesome. I like the look of this film. Why? I don't think its taking itself too seriously. I love the over the top beheading and ripping out someones throat.

Looks fun I didn't like Ram First Blood Part 1 though. I might re-watch.

Looks about 100x better than Die Hard 4.0 which looks god awful. Taking itself too seriously

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
You nailed it head on!