Help With School Play!

Tools    

Could someone please help me with a play I have to do for school. I need to act out a monologue(about 3-5 minutes long) but it has to be an individual scene like when the character is talking to himself, or he could be talking to someone else but the other person wont reply (cuz it will just be me acting). Any ideas on movie scenes I could do? I thought about doing a scene from the new Alfie movie, where Jude law acts and turns to the audience to say what hes thinking but Id have to see the movie again and there prob isnt a script available online. Someone suggested I do the scene on Pirates where Jack Sparrow walks around the island all mad that the whisky is gone, but that scene is too short. Anyone got any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

The scene in Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964 - Kubrick) where Peter Sellers as President Merkin Muffley has a long one-sided conversation with the Russian Premiere on the telephone.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I suggest you find a play called Picasso at the Lapin Agile, by Steve Martin (wink to Holden). It has several awesome monologues for a young male. Failing that, here's a good one:

Living at Home by Anthony Giardina
Character: John
Age (range): 20
Style: Drama
Length: 2 minutes
You want to know why I left? Okay, you got it. One night last January, I'm sitting in this bar in Amherst, talking to some girl. I started telling her this story. When my brother and I were little, we used to play this game: Robert the Robot. One of us had to be Robert the Robot, and Robert, see, Robert had to climb down the steps leading to he basement and catch the other one. You had to walk like a robot. You had to be -- very mechanical. Mostly I had to be Robert because David was better at hiding. So I'd hunch my shoulders up and climb down the stairs, chasing David. Only he was nowhere to be found. I'd do my mechanical walk pretending to look for him, but, see, I had no idea. And pretty soon I'd scare myself. Being Robert the Robot, having to go through the motions, scared me. So I'd sit down, I'd stop being Robert, and David would come out all pissed off and say What's the matter? The only thing I could ever say was, I don't like being Robert. I don't want to be Robert anymore.
A hush falls over the bar. I realize everybody's been listening. I looked around, saw all these college heads nodding sagely at the profoundness of my Robert story, and had a revelation. I realized that in all this time, I hadn't succeeded in shaking myself free of this family, but only tied myself tighter, that my friends were not gods, not the golden generation that was going to change the world, but simply the sons of the lower middle class, playing at getting an education, that we would take our lower-middle-class attitudes with us wherever we went because you can t shake loose of them, you can t just say, I don't want to be Robert anymore and make it work. You ve got your roots in a bowling alley and in the streets of some town like Watertown. You are Eddie Bogle's son, and you carry him inside you, and try as you might to suppress that part to be something else, sooner or later you find yourself in a bar telling a story you thought happened in another life, and suddenly the jig is up. You can't fool yourself any longer.

If you Google "monologues", you'll get half a million. You know... in MY day, we had to pore over hundreds of scripts while walking to school through 5' deep snow. Something to think about.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
If you Google "monologues", you'll get half a million. You know... in MY day, we had to pore over hundreds of scripts while walking to school through 5' deep snow. Something to think about.
*cough*cough* I STILL have to pore over hundreds of scripts, my drama tecaher will only allow us to choose scenes from her books, sure shes got a hundred or so, but not the best way to spend a Wednesday block period. Anyways, good luck LordChuchu, wish me some too, I have to perform this Wednesday (stupid block day).
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"